Welcome to The Oven forum – the place where we're 'cookin' with codes'!
The Oven forum is a non-commercial forum, with people who like to share their hobby work.
Following are the Rules governing behaviour here:
1) This is not a warez site! Links or Requests to warez and/or illegal material (porn, cracks, serials, braindumps, etc..) will not be tolerated. Discussion of circumventing WGA/activation/timebombs/keygens or any other illegal activity will also not be tolerated. Advertising is strongly forbidden here. If you ignore any of the aforementioned you will be banned without previous notice.
2) Use some common sense. Don't post your question under multiple topics. Think before posting and choose the right topic for you question or answer. When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" Also, it is much appreciated that when you post a reference to something to provide a link to it. Replies like "I remember there was an app that did that, cannot remember its name" are pretty much useless.
3) Within threads, try not to place excessively large screenshots.
4) Spamming will not be tolerated.
5a) Images in signatures, if it is enabled, should be chosen with "common sense" since anything considered offensive will not be allowed and consequently deleted. Flash and animated sigs are not permitted. Signature images must also be chosen of a decent size, say max. 300x100. You can enter max 4 lines of text in signature or signature image. Advertising and/or affiliates are not allowed in signatures nor avatars. Avatars are to be a maximum of 65x65 pixels. If your avatar or signature goes above these guidelines they will be either resized automatically or taken off without notice. Members with slow connection can disable other members' signatures and avatars when reading posts by going to: My Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout.
5b) Signatures are not allowed until you have a post count of 10 and above. As well, posts are not able to be edited by their author until they have a post count of 10 or above. PLEASE no spamming to increase your post count!
6) If you need to attach something, it would be great if you could find a host for the file. Please only attach something if you absolutely have no other option (or as a temporary depository in the case of some BETA release, for example). This will help keep the size of the database down and keep the forum running smoothly.
7.1) You are expected to be mature when discussing in threads. Racism, pornography, threatening, profanity, or excessive vulgarity is not tolerated. You will be promptly banned. No Exceptions.
This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without any notice.
7.2) Remember, you are responsible for the content of your own posts. The Oven forum does not take responsibility for the opinions expressed by its members. This is a discussion forum, so differing opinions will be expressed. The moderators reserve the right to moderate content.
7.3) Any kind of "Post Games" (made by some so-called smart ways) that intrude upon the friendly environment intended by this forum will NOT be tolerated. (Keep in mind that we have Always Smarter Anti-"Post Game" Detector ASAPGD switched on at The Oven forum. ) For example:
8) Has the thread you started or participated in been moved, closed or deleted? Check with the forum moderator via PM. Please do not start new threads asking why other threads were moderated. Forum moderation is not up for public debate, such threads will be deleted and the thread starter warned. The Admin/Mods of this board reserve the right to edit, delete or move posts made on this site.
9) Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many members who'll presume you to be SHOUTING.
10.1) Please do not use meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:
- Oh no!
- I'm mad
- Please help
- I need your help
- Hmmmm ....
This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.
10.2) Please provide meaningful information when asking questions for support. Posts that give no clue to anyone may be ignored (we do not have a crystal ball, nor unlimited time). For example:
11) No user shall by any means of the forum: sell, trade or give away hardware, software, or any other material, UNLESS it is personal property and it has the "spirit" of a "garage sale", i.e. is something you do not use, wish to give away or similar, DEFINITELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES. This forum in any case shall not be held accountable.
12) Please do not bash old topics when a member has made it active again, it's been made active for a good reason; to answer an unanswered question, or to bring new information. It does not need to be closed or deleted.
13) The "Report to moderator " button is not to be used for such things as requests for updates or general messages. The button is there to bring rules violations or needed thread moves to the attention of the Admin/Mods. Use of the report button as a general communication tool can and will lead to official warnings. Multiple violations of this (and/or) any other rule will lead to a ban of the offending member.
14) Please wait patiently for a reply, keeping in mind the developers/authors here at The Oven forum are only sharing their hobby. Remember, they maybe on holiday, or have no time at the moment, and so forth, and they do not hire people to support others.
The above rules have been taken and adjusted for use here from a couple of other websites.
Enjoy your stay at The Oven!
The Oven forum