Topic: 9-Administrator.script  (Read 218 times)

9-Administrator.script
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:01:35 AM »

redjade

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
Hi everyone,
  I am hoping someone can help.
I am making a minimum build in both x64 and x86 for launching Remote Utilities Agent. I am seeing some strange behavior.
I have a semi working solution with the following.

Win10 Ent Build 16299
netfx3
VC++ 2017 FULL
And enable Logon to Admin with default 3 sec timeout. (Not Actually using admin login - However, without this script enabled, my host.exe fails)

my build boots fine and runs the host.exe with no issues at all on VirtualBox VM
HOWEVER
When I run I physical PC, explorer.exe hangs and needs restart to complete bootup. My host.exe still works fine.

I have looked at 9-Administrator.script and seen a reference to an older build that requires explorer to be restarted. However I don't switch to admin. And even if I force this in the SwitchToAdminLogon.ini, the fault remains.

Please and thank you for any advise

Cheers
redjade

Re: 9-Administrator.script
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 05:24:59 AM »

redjade

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
I seem to have resolved the explorer.exe hang by commenting out "CALL Pintool" in SwitchToSystem.ini
I am still testing/experimenting

Perhaps if anyone has time they can try to confirm this behavior??

Re: 9-Administrator.script
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:51:45 AM »

bob.omb

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
I have had issues with PINTOOL during boot sometimes.  Usually if I try booting again it works fine. 

Try moving CALL PINTOOL to the end of the section and see if that helps...

Example:

CALL <whatever>
CALL <whatever>
CALL <whatever>
CALL <whatever>
CALL PINTOOL

There are logs created during boot for SwitchToSystem and SwitchToAdmin etc etc .LOG files, you may find something in there after boot... (X:\Windows\System32\ *.log - sort by date to find easier)

Try using CTRL-ALT-DEL and "Run new Task" to get explorer going if it hangs so you can get to the logs...
« Last Edit: Today at 11:24:27 AM by bob.omb »