Topic: Can we get some cross-project consistency on sharing plugins?  (Read 5406 times)

Re: Can we get some cross-project consistency on sharing plugins?
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 08:06:57 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Code: [Select]
[Info] File [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\CodeBox.txt] Version [1]
   [Success] AddVariables - Added section [ApiVar] from file [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\Basic\Build\Macro_Library.script] into the local variable list
 [Success] IF - File exists: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\Basic\Build\Macro_Library.script] evaluated string: [If,ExistFile,%API%,AddVariables,%API%,ApiVar,GLOBAL]
 [Success] AddVariables - Added section [ApiVar] from file [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\Basic\Build\Macro_Library.script] into the local variable list
 Run - Processing section: [_CenterCa] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\Basic\Build\Macro_Library.script]
       [Parameter] with parameters: [CreatePlugin],[%BaseDir%\Projects\MyPlugins_Direct\AppsMy\JonF Plugins\JonF Scream.Script]
      [Failed] Run - Failed to find section [CallC_CreatePlugin] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\Basic\Build\Macro_Library.script]
      [Warning] Halt
 Run - Processed section [_CenterCa] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\Basic\Build\Macro_Library.script]
 [Done] Finished processing script: %BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\CodeBox.txt
   [Clock] Script time: 123 miliseconds
 [Done] Script has been successfully processed!

WB 077 and 080, with Gena selected.

So what?

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 08:38:56 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
So what?

Answer to your why: As seen above, Every step, shows other things....

--> As written before: you need to update projects, or maybe at least ML.

Step1: As written before, update and put all projects from server to a new fresh folder
ex: D:\Oven

Ex: download Gena and Win10PESE

Use
Utils\Update XXX Exact and Secure

on each project....

Well , you are an experienced user, and an old project admin,
 you know feedback by admin to un updated project is impossible..
   and it is expected features of updated project is not available on old copies of projects...

you should have updated days ago....

anyway, after Step1)
test above codes, and reply, YES or NO
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:21:43 AM by Lancelot »

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 02:42:58 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
I know I've downloaded the entire project since September 3, which is when you posted that code.

Nonetheless I did an exact and secure update in WinBuilder 080. It now runs without error.  The only file under Projects with a name that contains "scream" is D:\WinBuilder\Projects\MyPlugins_Direct\AppsMy\JonF Plugins.

I am sick and tired of being told I'm not doing it right and not following directions that haven't been given.

I've done as you asked twice, nobody's posted anything relevant to the OP, and I give up.

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 03:09:04 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
I did not ask you if it is the only file.. This is what it should be anyway..

I asked you, can you see on builder interface

Can you see under:
Gena\AppsMy\JonF Plugins\"JonF Scream"
Win10PE SE\AppsMy\JonF Plugins\"JonF Scream"
Win7PE SE\AppsMy\JonF Plugins\"JonF Scream"
Win8.1SE\AppsMy\JonF Plugins\"JonF Scream"
Win8PE SE\AppsMy\JonF Plugins\"JonF Scream"

I am more tired asking such simple thing again and again,
 Only patient to only you, since I know you....

an you see on builder interface
Yes / NO ?

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 06:10:43 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Yes.
Got anything relevant to my issues in the OP?

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 08:08:40 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
only relevant to op is,
 after this yes, I am more sure you have up to date projects.
  op: well, as I wrote there, let me know when you figure out where you made mistake or missing, here I can not reproduce since day 1 ...
  very like current topic.

edit: op I may use wrong, with op I mean other topic...

Yes.

Good,

After this Yes,
 Since as you already know, there is 1 plugin on 1 folder (ex: "JonF Scream")
   and you see this plugin available on all projects (5 for now) ,
     you can also do same for your personal plugins..

I hope you now understand,
There is very good and simple cross-project consistency on sharing plugins.

I remember days, plugins not suitable one project to another..... now even sharing is very easy ;)

no need tables like on first post, it is very simple, put your personal plugin to 1 folder (where "JonF Scream" plugin is),
 use same plugin on all projects,
    as written on reply 1, 26 days ago...

I hope you figure out now...

:turtle:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:13:35 AM by Lancelot »

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Sigh.  Scream.

You have proven that it is possible to share plugins to multiple projects in one swell foop by entering some code in the code box.

None of the many sharing scripts do that, including the MyPlugins and My Plugins Direct projects, do that.

As I wrote almost two months ago:

Please tell me the exact sequence of clicks how one shares with all projects without going through that long and slow process.

put a plugin to very end of project which pop up a message,
 have an autoit that waits that message, than click OK, than click next project than click blue play,
   Let us know if you do that, this way you can run all SE projects with 1 start.
i can do that.  i doubt I will.  It's really ugly. Or:

Instead of a drop-down in your plugins to select one project at a time, a column of checkboxes, one for each project and one or two for custom projects (each with a browse button) and then one button to do it.  Yeah, it would take a lot of time but I could walk away with no further user intervention  Maybe it could be done with only one WinBuilder refresh, by use of a batch file or something.

You have been developing plugins long enough to know that when a user needs to select a directory there should be a browse button.  Note in the screenshots above that there is no browse button for the custom folder.

Obviously there is no interest in addressing the issue I raised.  Please do not reply at all.

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 08:48:15 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
You have proven that it is possible to share plugins to multiple projects in one swell foop by entering some code in the code box.
No, I prove that you can put all your plugins into 1 folder, and it is available by all projects, and asked you to put your plugins on that folder..... which is available more than two months ago

codebox only for tests, not required at all.
I did use codebox since it is impossible to me with my english to understand you why you do not put your plugins to that folder which was instructed.....

None of the many sharing scripts do that
Share Plugins inside projects + "My Plugins" use other method to share plugins..

which was explained on reply 1 of current topic, link given to "Adding 3rd Party Plugins"
I can not understand what is so hard !

Including the MyPlugins and My Plugins Direct projects, do that.
explained since reply 1 of current topic, they are 2 different ways, 2 different project folder given to end user to use any way one like.
2 ways, 2 methods ! one direct method, other link method, they are not same.

Please tell me the exact sequence of clicks how one shares with all projects without going through that long and slow process
explained since reply 1 of current topic, put your all plugins once to The Folder you have "JonF Scream" plugin...

nothing can be easier..

JonF,
as you know,
 you need to ask what you are actually trying to do, not theoretical,
  it is not possible to post around things you are trying to do with theoretical,
    since so far lots of respond you gave, including last one to very first post with picture, includes wrong understandings,
      we are not face to face sitting in front of same pc, or drinking tea on a cafe.

Since "now" we know, you can see 1 plugin on all project folders, still maybe mixing things in mind.
 ask shortly what you are trying to do with real plugin project etc... , no theoretical.