Topic: ChangeInterface  (Read 2701 times)

ChangeInterface
« on: May 31, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Idea initally by Homes32 here :hi:

Sadly, previous syntax and codes had troubles:
* not compatible to all active wb versions, working slow, and does not give expected result on some cases.
a better (au3) implementation asked, but not responded.....

Checking api syntax deeply on weekend, I had more and more hesitations for future......
In the end, api syntax changed, and au3 implemented with great help of BlueLife  :hi:
* quite fast now and giving expected results, and will not require syntax change in future.

to write or read:
ChangeInterface,Read,[Element],<file>,<section>,<name>,var
ChangeInterface,Write,[Element],<file>,<section>,<name>,<data>

[Element] =>Value | State | Position
more elements can be added in future IF required
ex: Title , PosTop , PosLeft , Width , Height , ToolTip , SectionRun , ProgressShow , Size , FontSize , FontType , PositionLeft .........

Currently it seems most demanded are Value and State (State=visible or not), and to keep things simple better continue this way.

var
using ChangeInterface,Read , result will be %var%
If you use ChangeInterface,Read,.....,MyVariable  ---> result will be %MyVariable%

Position also added,
I personally advice not use extensively since capi development can not hold responsibility for position,
ChangeInterface,Write,Position,<file>,<section>,<name>,<data>,<posleft>
ChangeInterface,Read,Position,<file>,<section>,<name>,var,<posleft>
currently wb have first 7 position stable, and rest is jumping around (requires au3 etc.),
my advice, use positions max. 7 - 8 to keep stability on your scripts, further up to you.....

a note for future developers, be carelful (currently) for radiogroup, radiobutton and CheckList
ex: reading/writing 2nd value of a checklist may require additional parameters asides Write/Read.... or read/write 3rd elements title of a radiogroup...
I believe we do not need these examples...., If someone have a looot free time a complete au3 which has all editorial features of wb can be written, and can be implemented to capi, I hope you benefit from current au3.

Use following, exagarated test package to see what can be done with ChangeInterface,
it will be quite fun and nice practice having simple examples.  :grin: :lol: :great:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:40:09 AM by Lancelot »

Re: ScriptInterface
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »

Galapo

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Excellent work! Nice implementation.  :transformer:

AU3 comes to the rescue. :super_hero:

Very good work by BlueLife as always. :thumbup:

Thanks indeed,
Galapo.

Re: ScriptInterface
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:27:33 AM »

ChrisR

• Win7PE SE Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Great, it works very well  :yahoo:
Beautiful Blue :) reconstruction in AutoIt with a syntax much more readable and a simplified API  :happy_dance:.

Careful also to the value of CheckBox and RadioButton (True/False) may be a further control or to the developer caution.

Thank you very much Blue Life and Lancelot, your work together remains always good  :thumbup: :happy:.

Another simple example script with 2 interfaces for fun

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]