Topic: exitscript bug  (Read 3686 times)

exitscript bug
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:17:36 PM »

pecd.net

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Hi all,

about 1,5 years ago i implemented support for the exitscript in the api. This somehow got changed in current api which results in the bad situation that an exitscript is executed twice on exit of the build process....

The exitscript is called inside clean, clean_1 and clean_2

As clean calls Clean_%API_TYPE% depending on %API_TYPE% the exitscript is the called twice.

As we probably never call Clean_1 or Clean_2 directly there should be no need to have a call to the exitscript inside those sections

If no reason against it is found, i ask you to remove this line from clean_1 and clean_2

If,ExistFile,%Capi_Exit_Script%,Exec,%Capi_Exit_Script%,Clean,#1

Thanks !
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:18:47 PM by pecd.net »

Re: exitscript bug
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:48:55 AM »

pecd.net

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
after thinking about it for a while i believe it should be solved differently:

just remove two lines from [clean] and all should be fine

[Clean]
Run,%API%,Clean_%API_TYPE%,#1
//If,ExistFile,%Capi_Exit_Script%,Exec,%Capi_Exit_Script%,Clean,#1
//IniDelete,%API%,Main,Interface

tested with latest rev89 capi

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi Markus,

I highly guess this made by Max accidentally, but since nobody use this feature guess rest.....

whatever you like (either post 1 or post2),
since I do not have a copy of your project, a question to you:

why not using script.project instead of Capi_Exit_Script ?

example:
Code: [Select]
[Process]
System,ONBUILDEXIT,Exec,%ProjectDir%\script.project,Bla-ONBUILDEXIT

[Bla-ONBUILDEXIT]
Exec,%Api%,Clean,#1
Exec,%ProjectDir%\My_Capi_Exit_Script.script,Clean,#1

just wondering if it is possible for your task which would get you free ?

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 01:29:13 AM »

pecd.net

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
Please use the second solution...this will be compatible with all old projects as well...

Your suggestion should work fine as well...bit some time ago i implemented it the way it is now...both solutions are eqal (as long as there is no bug in the CAPI :-))

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 01:32:59 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
(as long as there is no bug in the CAPI :-))

There is always one more bug  :wink: (I guess a Murhpy law)

okey, I will use second solution, but since all old projects that use this feature is only your project, I will ask you to make a simple touch. Give me time.......

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 02:36:59 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi Markus,

here you go
http://www.mediafire.com/?92r8y2zcba9mz82

simple touch is moving %Capi_Exit_Script% to

script.project
[IniVariables]
Capi_Exit_Script=

Same valid to Capi_UnMount if you've start to use (these are only 2 changes on v25r90 for apitype2)

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 05:10:05 AM »

pecd.net

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
first: i do not understand what you are doing here

what is [IniVariables] for?

second...why not just remove the two lines i mentiones....

there are several hundred people using my projects...they may not be present in the reboot/oven forums and they are mostly german speaking, but they do exist

fixing the capi is far better than changing things...

Just comment out the two line i mentioned...please...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:21:40 AM by pecd.net »

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 06:07:49 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi pecd,

first: as usual I am doing good things to get faster capi and more stable with new finding of wb bug.

second: lines removed I do not see relevant lines at [Clean]

this capi fix(bug workaround) requires 2 minor changes script.project, which only 2 projects uses, one yours, other W7PESE.

since you can update capi on your project with the distribution method you use (sorry, I am not one of your project user, I do not know details) I am pretty sure you can also update script.project or a relevant script (main, images whatever).

I hope you can easly do, please try.....

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »

pecd.net

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
i probaly can, but i do not understand what you do there...inivariables is for what?

And why at all do you break compatibillity with existing projects, i simply can not understand...i hate it when this happends with WB and i even more hate it when people like you (who always tell us all how you hate it too) do it with the capi...

Why do i have to change my projects when you change the capi...this is not the way to go...never...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:57:41 AM by pecd.net »

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 08:08:13 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Yep,

I also hate many things pecd, specially hypocrites, post gamers and lower profiled charecters, along with main reason causing no single drop to develop better, instead going after selfish desires.

Maybe you are not aware, The changes made do not effect Gena, they are made for better capi which workaround wb bug that is based on years of lies.

BUT this is not wb, here is not shitland.

it is a small change on a single script !!!!!

let me compare with idiotexbuilder:
you can not know which change where hit your project,
but you can know if it is intentionally made to only sabotage if your project have some audiance,
you would spend hours, and even for current case some year to figure out where real bug is.

Oppositely,
Here it is a simple change, well described, which as a result does not effect your (or anyother) project overall.

Is it too hard to figure out the difference !!!!
Or will you decide to reply some clever (=childish) method !

ah and, YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE anything when me or anyother change capi, aren't you aware you are free to do anything you want with the copy of capi version you get. VERY unlike exbuilder.

this kind of attitute absolutely not the way to go....... NEVERRRRRRRRRR, NOT here.

Probably you to feel yourself better blaming capi around, here you find a fake excuse, which would in result may help you to get left requests you made. (=cleverly, ohh yesss)

repeating:
this kind of attitute absolutely not the way to go....... NEVERRRRRRRRRR, NOT here.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:09:56 AM by Lancelot »

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »

pecd.net

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
well lancelot, i really do not understand you...maybe it is due to language issues or whatever...you never answered my question about what inivariables is and why i need to set the script there.

I can only say that the complete onbuildexit stuff and the exitscript stuff was made on my request and i personally implemented the needed stuff for the CAPI. And did all the tests and debugging to get it working right in Winbuilder and the CAPI. And it was working right...before that you always hat troubles when you stopped a build and wims were still mounted and such stuff...maybe you remember...now you guys break it and you are not even willing to fix it?

As you say, almost noone uses it...so why can this not just simply stay as it was without the bug...you only change stuff to cause me troubles as i am (as you say) almost the only one using it...

Sound like EXAPI to me...

But whatever....i can live with your "Fix"...do whatever you please i will not continue discussing this strange matter...

The only thing i learned here is that i will never report a bug on anything related to the capi...

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:33:43 AM by pecd.net »

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 09:45:36 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
your reply is at post 5

at the time you made this setting
1) wb was not acting weirdly
2) wb bug was not known

yep it was working, today it is still working, instead better with wb bug workaround(2) not causing weird things(1), and still setting is not project specific and can be used any project unlike EXAPI if you can hear..

NO, I will NOT change CAPI distribution to old method knowing containing a known bug edit:"even knowing it is working with bug behaviour."
YES, you can do anything you like with the copy you have, also you can write your own api or use EXAPI.
whatever suits you.

If you can not understand, I can not do anything for you.

YES, learn better lesson, with this attitute NEVER do anything around this forum.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:47:00 AM by Lancelot »

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 08:16:32 PM »

Galapo

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi Markus,

Lancelot is just intentionally avoiding writing about what WB bugs there are in a public place. WB development has attacked him unjustly in the past, so he sees no reason to help in further development by aiding bug reports anymore. That's just the way things are. :smile:

I'd also expect him to be a little wary given the topic you opened here: http://reboot.pro/14736/. Note that at post 3 you called CapiC and RequireFileQ functions "junk" -- hardly language that will make Lancelot want to share WB bugs and so forth. :smile:

Regards,
Galapo.