Topic: Problems using Aomei Backupper Software  (Read 5948 times)

Problems using Aomei Backupper Software
« on: March 21, 2016, 03:48:18 AM »

Santini

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I had build my personal WinPE-Stick with Windows 10, x32, Version 10586  as Source and everythink works fine … except the integrated “Aomei Backupper” software.  Trying to backup a partition I always get the error-message    “InformationCode 4140 :The backup driver works improperly, you could restart the computer to solve the problem”.  I tried to integrate the AomeiBackupper-Software with the   “Aomei Backupper Standard Plugin”-   as well as  “Aomei Backupper Standard G Plugin” Script  found in AppY\HDTasks.  In both cases I get the same error.  However, File and Folder-backup works without errors.
Where am I going wrong?

Re: Problems using Aomei Backupper Software
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 04:33:21 AM »

KYHI

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015
Re-Test by selecting the > Components \ VSS Plugin

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 12:12:10 PM »

Santini

• Jr. Chef
@KYHI

thanks for that quick response.
Making a new build, including “VSS”-Script as recommended  (marked “Load VSS at Startup”).  Than booting with WinPE, checking, if VSS-Service is running = OK.    But I get the same error message when I try to backup a partition with  Aomei Backupper Standard started on my WinPE Stick:  Trying also the Feature “Use Aomei´s built-in technique to backup … “ >  same problem.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 02:06:25 PM »

Prz42

• Code Baker
  • Chef
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
I had build my personal WinPE-Stick with Windows 10, x32, Version 10586  as Source and everythink works fine … except the integrated “Aomei Backupper” software.  Trying to backup a partition I always get the error-message    “InformationCode 4140 :The backup driver works improperly, you could restart the computer to solve the problem”.  I tried to integrate the AomeiBackupper-Software with the   “Aomei Backupper Standard Plugin”-   as well as  “Aomei Backupper Standard G Plugin” Script  found in AppY\HDTasks.  In both cases I get the same error.  However, File and Folder-backup works without errors.
Where am I going wrong?
Try using this one.
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1296.20

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 04:23:36 AM »

Santini

• Jr. Chef

Thank you for the tip to try that alternate Aomei-Backupper Integration script.

Thats what I tryed out:

- Integrate the script to WinPESE,  marked "Standard version", "English Language", and "Normal Compression"  and run a new build.

- "Build stopped due to an Error": DirCopy - Failed to copy directory [%BaseDir%\Temp\Win10PESE\TempExtractFolder\Backupper\Backupper] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win10PESE\Program Files\AOMEI]: Unknown error
(if it´s of interest, see the attached log-file for more details )

- Purge Cache and than marking "Pro version" "English Language", and "Normal Compression" and run a new build  >  PE-Build was successfull

- Start an partition-backup from that new build PE-Stick with Backupper >  Backupper freezes at "Backing up of the volume 0 (E)".  Only if I mark "Use Aomei´s build-in technique .." first, the backup-prozess runs faultfree. But because the application is on X:\, I have to mark this option new after every reboot.

Therefore I tryed out another script, found in Downloads\AppY\HDTasks, named  "Aomei Backupper Professional - Plugin"  ....  and that's the solution for me!
The script runs without stop and the Backupper-Software on my WinPE-Stick works without any error messages.  And because the program is installed at Y:\-drive, all settings (Backupname, path, etc.) are available at next reboot.

Thanks to everyone who had tryed to help me.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 03:02:28 PM »

Prz42

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Thank you for the tip to try that alternate Aomei-Backupper Integration script.

Thats what I tryed out:
- Integrate the script to WinPESE,  marked "Standard version", "English Language", and "Normal Compression"  and run a new build.

I ran the plugin in Win10PESE with Version : 10.0.10586.0 Architecture : x86 Language : en-US
This is the log after just running the plugin.
* Backupper Log.7z (11.72 kB - downloaded 82 times.)
Glad to see you found a plugin that meets your need.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 12:47:08 AM »

KYHI

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
Therefore I tryed out another script, found in Downloads\AppY\HDTasks, named  "Aomei Backupper Professional - Plugin"  ....  and that's the solution for me!

I believe you are referring to my Plugin...

Enjoy!!!

Sometimes things get over-complicated..

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 05:54:26 AM »

Santini

• Jr. Chef

I ran the plugin in Win10PESE with Version : 10.0.10586.0 Architecture : x86 Language : en-US

@Prz42
Thanks for checking!  Incomprehensible that I have had this problems to integrate the Backupper Standard Version in my build.  Maybe it's only an language-problem.  I'm using Win 10586 x32 in German language as Source!

@KYHI & Prz42:  A big thank You once again , all of you do an great job in this WinPE-Projekt!

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »

Prz42

• Code Baker
  • Chef
- Start an partition-backup from that new build PE-Stick with Backupper >  Backupper freezes at "Backing up of the volume 0 (E)".  Only if I mark "Use Aomei´s build-in technique .." first, the backup-prozess runs faultfree. But because the application is on X:\, I have to mark this option new after every reboot.
I downloaded the German Iso from Microsoft and ran the plugin.
Everything seemed to be OK. Then I realized that I had (Component/Vss) installed.
Unchecked that Plugin and I got the same effect as you.  :confused:
Revised the plugin not to use Vss and use "Only if I mark "Use Aomei´s build-in technique .."
Made that the default and life is good. I do think that Aomei needs to revise there PE for
Windows 10 with November update. Here is the newest plugin.
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1296.20                 :scooter:

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 11:51:47 AM »

Santini

• Jr. Chef
That much work only for German-Iso users, thank you.
This revision of your script to integrate "Backupper Professional" with German-Iso-Source was also successfull in my PE-built.  Backupper starting partition-backup now without freezing and no manually settings before! Perfect.

Only if I marked "Backupper Standard Version" to integrate, it shows my old problem:  the PE-build still stopped with an error while integrating the backupper-SW into the built. (see pinned logfile).

I agree, that Aomei has to revise her otherwise great backup-software a little bit.  So I learned in these days from Aomei-Support that the SW do not support any devices with an build-in eMMC-drive.  For that reason I can't use Aomei-Backupper with my new Trekstor Tablet PC: no partition/drive is displayed as backup-source!   :thumbdown:

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »

Prz42

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Only if I marked "Backupper Standard Version" to integrate, it shows my old problem:  the PE-build still stopped with an error while integrating the backupper-SW into the built. (see pinned logfile).

I wonder if it is having a problem downloading the standard version from web site.
If you could try downloading the file with the download button. Then hit the arrow button
not the green arrow to just run the plugin. You can see the log file for running just the
plugin. It makes it easier to trouble shoot the problem.  Thanks again.    :wink:

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 05:16:19 AM »

Santini

• Jr. Chef
Certainly, i'll do that, but need little help:  which arrow-button do you mean? I see two options:  the small green "Play"-Button in the Script-UI  and the blue "Play"-Button to start the general build.  When I hit the blue Play Button, afterwards I find only the log-file for the complete PE build process.

Do you also recommend to "purge the Cache" before "Download"?

Thanks.

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 02:04:12 PM »

Prz42

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Certainly, i'll do that, but need little help:
Do you also recommend to "purge the Cache" before "Download"?
The small green "Play"-Button in the Script-UI  Then hit the green Play Button, afterwards you will find only the log-file for the plugin build process.

Do you also recommend to "purge the Cache" before "Download"? Yes

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 06:58:52 AM »

Santini

• Jr. Chef
Thanks, thats what I do now:

Choose Settings in Script UI
> Language = German
> Standard Version
> Normal Compression

Than:
> Push "Purge Cache" Button
> Push "Download" Button
> Save the log file
> Push the green "Play" Button
> Save the log file

I hope, these 2 logs are helpful!

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 04:43:57 PM »

Prz42

• Code Baker
  • Chef
This is were it fails.
Code: [Select]
[Success]
 ShellExecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C ren "%BaseDir%\Temp\Win10PESE\TempExtractFolder\Backupper\{app}" "Backupper"]
Reworked the plugin. Re-Download plugin. Run the "Extract Files"
It will open up a folder with all the files in the folder.
You can do this in the Pro Version and Standard Version
I do think that you will have no files in Standard Version
and all the files in Pro Version.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:54:18 PM by Prz42 »

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 01:33:22 PM »

Santini

• Jr. Chef
I delete all files and folder named Backupper or Aomei in my %BaseDir%, than using your reworked script (v22, 12.04.16):
> Download  (Standard Version)
New Folder was created in \Workbench\Common  >  Aomei_Backupper_Provide_Files   including "backupper.exe"
> Extract Files
A new folder was created in \Temp\Win10PE\TempExtractFolder\  named "Backupper". This folder contained a folder named {app} containing 81 items  and a second folder {win}\system32\ with 6 items.  It seems to me that all needed files and folders for the pogram are present !

> > Push the green "Play" Button   > Script is running without any error message, but checking the log file, there is the same error than every time:
DirCopy - Failed to copy directory [%BaseDir%\Temp\Win10PESE\TempExtractFolder\Backupper\Backupper  to: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win10PESE\Programs\AOMEI]: Unknown error

Please have a look on the path in this error-message:  a Folder    \TempExtractFolder\Backupper\Backupper] do not exist after "Extract"!  Is this path specification still ok for the DirCopy command?

Running your script for "Pro-Version",  there exist a Folder  \backupper\backupper  after "Extract"!!  For Pro-Version this folder includes all nessesary files and folders for Pro-Version (88 Items)

Thanks!

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »

KYHI

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
need to rename (app) to program folder

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »

Prz42

• Code Baker
  • Chef
> Extract Files
A new folder was created in \Temp\Win10PE\TempExtractFolder\  named "Backupper". This folder contained a folder named {app} containing 81 items  and a second folder {win}\system32\ with 6 items.  It seems to me that all needed files and folders for the pogram are present !
That is exactly what I expected it would do. Both the Pro and Standard has the folder called {app}.
The Pro Version just has more files. I am at a complete loss in why it doesn't rename {app} to Backupper.
Maybe Lancelot or someone can answer the question. This is the line in the Plugin that renames the folder.
ShellExecute,Hide,cmd.exe,"/C ren #$q%ProjectTemp%\TempExtractFolder\%ProgramFolderS%\{app}#$q #$q%ProgramFolderS%#$q"

The Plugin is located at
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1296.20        :scooter:

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 12:12:57 AM »

ChrisR

• Moderator, Win7PE SE Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
cmd.exe /C ren seems to work here! may be locked few seconds by your AV.
However you can do it without renaming {app} and {app}\Winpe64 by using these folders as source and FileCopy\* instead of DirCopy:

If,Not,ExistDir,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%,DirMake,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%
Set,%t%,%ProjectTemp%\TempExtractFolder\%ProgramFolderS%\{app}

FileCopy,%t%\*,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%

Set,%t64%,%ProjectTemp%\TempExtractFolder\%ProgramFolderS%\{app}\Winpe64

//delete FileRename,%t64%,%t%\%ProgramFolderS%
FileCopy,%t64%\*,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%

Call,FileCopyBiggerVersion,%t%\driver\i386\msahci.sys,%Target_Sys%
Call,FileCopyBiggerVersion,%t%\driver\amd64\msahci.sys,%Target_Sys%

//delete ShellExecute,Hide,cmd.exe,"/c ren #$q%ProjectTemp%\TempExtractFolder\%ProgramFolderS%\{app}#$q #$q%ProgramFolderS%#$q"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:14:57 AM by ChrisR »

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 03:53:31 PM »

Prz42

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Re Did the plugin to use FileCopy and not DirCopy.
Hopefully that will correct the Standard Version and
any future problems.  Thanks ChrisR for the insight.

http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1296.20      :scooter: