Topic: Would you like to create something with me?  (Read 478 times)

Would you like to create something with me?
« on: June 10, 2016, 09:43:28 AM »

RedMinus

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Hello guys,

I stumbled upon this forum by searching how to make WinPE3.0 run with .Net Framework 3.5, and I'm surprised that users here are building WinPE's with whatever they like, and that's exactly what I was looking to do, but I'm inexperienced with building WinPE. So now that I see you guys here I thought maybe someone would like to help me build one? Some of you might be thinking "why are you still running WinPE3.0?", well from what I know is that you can configure the registry of WinPE3.0 to use 1 GB Ram of Scratch Space (or 1 GB -> X:\ HDD) and from what I read about WinPE10/WinPE8 its limited to 512MB depending on how much ram the system has, that's why I stayed with WinPE3.0, but I'd jump to WinPE10 and drop PE3.0 if it could run Net Framework 3.5 and above.

What I want to build is WinPE10 with Framework 3.5+ and explorer to run task bar and start menu. If I'm wrong about the ram please tell me if Win10PE or PE8 is able to run on 1GB of ram or more.

I really want this project to work, so much that I'd even pay, but it goes against the forum rules, and I just arrived here so I have to get used to the rules.

(Sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance!) :mellow:

Re: Would you like to create something with me?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »

KYHI

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »

vvurat

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011

I really want this project to work, so much that I'd even pay, but it goes against the forum rules, and I just arrived here so I have to get used to the rules.

I want to ask forum moderators about this subject.

Now i have some free time and i want to use it with working on professional help to users who demand personal customized winpe builds. When doing this also i want to earn some money because i will spend lots of my time on it. As RedMinus said i have opened forum rules section and read the forum rules. The rule about it is

11) No user shall by any means of the forum: sell, trade or give away hardware, software, or any other material, UNLESS it is personal property and it has the "spirit" of a "garage sale", i.e. is something you do not use, wish to give away or similar, DEFINITELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES. This forum in any case shall not be held accountable.

In my opinion doing this is selling my knowledge about customizing winpe. Because also other projects also uses microsoft or other company distributable files (demos, trials, evaluation copys). All i will do is will be customizing for users demand.

Also under the forum rules it writes that.

The above rules have been taken and adjusted from those in use at WinCert.net and Boot-Land.net.

Means in my opinion "When we are opening the forum we used this rules but we will customize in the future for our needs" and i hope it can be explained in more detail.

Because i frequenlty see that there are people who are willing to pay for their jobs to get done. Their jobs are more important to spend a few bucks. As you can't/don't help every user for their every question. Why not some other people to do it for money in extreme situations.

Also need to think about theoven's responsibilty in this situation. Maybe can be added a few lines under forum rules section that theoven will not have any responsibility if there is such agreement achieved between users and they have to solve between themselves.

I do not know. Theese are my opinions.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:33:31 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010

Hi vvurat,

On your current case, I am fine you get some payment for your personal work of your free time if you like that way.  :thumbsup:

Let's see how this goes, what time will show.  :turtle:

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 05:45:11 PM »

KYHI

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015
There is an ISO that downloads for free at TenForums - on average 200 times a day and has been there for the last 9 months.....

User had to change two hosting sites 5 days ago due to exceeding download limits..

ila_rendered

The thing is 99.9% of the people downloading it wouldn't pay, also I think it would be illegal to sell without a redistribution license.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 05:52:59 PM by KYHI »