Topic: 7-Zip broken  (Read 2481 times)

7-Zip broken
« on: July 16, 2016, 03:57:56 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
As part of my attempts to recover from the loss of unpack and extractallfiles, I downloaded a whole new Gena a week or so ago.  A day or two ago I updated it through WinBuilder.

Code: [Select]
(7-Zip File Manager) ExtractFile - Failed to expand file: [7z1512.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Gena\TempExtractFolder\7-Zip]

I looked at the scripts.  I'm not going to try to figure out what's going on in that rabbit warren.

Re: 7-Zip broken
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 03:12:22 AM »

Galapo

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi JonF,

I'm not sure why that error would be happening. We'll need a full log to see a bit more.

As far as I know, ExtractAllFiles is a WB internal command and is still working. It's available off the WB wand with the following syntax:

Code: [Select]
ExtractAllFiles,%ScriptFile%,Folder,DirToExtract

Regards,
Galapo.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 04:37:15 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Yes, I know the syntax.  It fails in all of my scripts.

See attached.

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:22:54 PM »

Galapo

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi JonF,

I really don't know what is happening for you.

I just tested ExtractAllFiles command. It is working for me. I also checked and saw that a reasonable number of Gena plugins use this command still. As far as I know and as far as my tests run, the command is still available and is functioning.

Regarding the log you posted, the command that has an error is an ExtractFile line. I tested and it runs fine for me. So I'm really confused. I do note that your version was version 48 and my one here is version 49. Whether that has got anything to do with it. It'd be worth downloading and trying.

Regards,
Galapo.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 02:24:47 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Re: downloading and trying:  See message one.  When did v49 appear?

{ABE} v49 is not available to such as me, either through WinBulder update or from gena.cwcodes.net.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:18:50 AM by JonF »

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 09:11:30 PM »

Galapo

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi JonF,

The changelog says v.49 was released on 2016.03.13.

I just checked the server. I haven't synced with there for a little while now - and discovered that we're not at v.50. :lol: That was released on 2016.06.03. Here's the link: http://gena.cwcodes.net/Projects/Gena/Apps/File%20Tasks/Compression/7-Zip_File_Manager_SJL.script.

Regards,
Galapo.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 07:38:27 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Ah, v50 works.

And ExtractAllFIles seems to be working again.

Now I just discovered that Hive_Load and Hive_Unload have disappeared. :sad:  Another pass through all my scripts...

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 12:39:06 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
A day or two ago I updated it through WinBuilder.
this is the place of failure, winbuilder again failed to download some of plugins

There is already Utils\Update Gena
available to avoid such bugs.

I'm not going to try to figure out what's going on in that rabbit warren.

I already gave up on JonF failures which are rabbit warren with wrong conclusions, wrong posts, wrong feedbacks ....

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 12:49:14 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Now I just discovered that Hive_Load and Hive_Unload have disappeared. :sad:  Another pass through all my scripts...

They disappeared I guess more than 2 years ago....

There are some serious problems on your usage of projects which seems to be rabbit warren unlike all other users..

And you constantly open topics of failures on your side, other than on our side,
 where most conclusions are wrong either when replying my feedbacks or Galapo's feedbacks.

Good luck on your rabbit warren.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:07:39 AM by Lancelot »

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 02:32:15 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
I guess the thought of documenting major changes never crossed your mind.

My scripts tend to be one file, straightforward, and easy to follow.  Your (and your modifications of my scripts) are essentially impossible to follow.  I bet you can't even figure them out if you don't look at them for six months.   I looked at the 7-zip script to try to figure out what the problem was, and even with my experience I couldn't figure WTF it was doing and why.  I could create a 7-ZIP script in my style in an hour or so that is much cleaner than that. Your scripts are full of calls to subroutines with unexplained parameters which call subroutines with unexplained parameters for indiscernible reasons. Don't lecture me about rabbit warrens.

I apologize for asking for help.  I will never ask for help again since it's obviously not one of the purposes of this board.

I challenge you to name a response of mine in which my conclusions are wrong.  Link to it or quote it. At least Galapo seems to understand simple and clearly presented issues, whereas you cannot. I realize English is far from your first language and I would be lost in Turkish, but the language is not the only problem.

For example I asked why isn't there ONE script that creates links in ALL projects with ONE WinBuilder refresh.

ONE script.
Creating links in ALL projects.
with ONE  WinBuilder refresh.

I explained that over and over and over again in different ways and you never got the point.

But no worries, you won't have to be bothered to have to read one of my posts again. I won't ask for help and won't post any scripts, since mine aren't complicated enough for you.

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 02:59:58 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi JonF,

on your first topic post, I clearly know the reason of your failure,
 not too complex to follow,
   JonF probably not updated with the provided way as usual, and stupid winbuilder failed downloading container or main 7z plugin where mismatch occurs.

Your conclusion, yet again, is wrong by saying ExtractAllFiles not working,
 Galapo 1st post fixed your wrong conclusion but not your failure.
 JonF saying "When did v49 appear" clearly shows JonF post saying "I downloaded a whole new Gena a week or so ago" is wrong,
   JonF failed downloading "a whole new Gena", god knows what other things missing than 7z.
     Typical JonF wrong posts that get anyone who tries to help lead to failures.....

Yes, I know the syntax.  It fails in all of my scripts. --> you wrote it for ExtractAllFiles
And ExtractAllFIles seems to be working again. -->  you wrote it for ExtractAllFiles

Reality is ExtractAllFiles was working all the time, it was your wrong conclusion it is not working,
 Galapo told you "I really don't know what is happening for you." , on my side I already know what was hapening on your side.

Why JonF do not follow provided ways, it is a mystery and result is always rabbit warren on your side impossible to follow.
  If JonF follow provided ways , like ALL normal users, JonF would not come with failures !!!!
  Other normal users comes with real failures, JonF comes with the failures of mystery that no one face.

as written,
all current topic because you did not use Utils\Update Gena
rest is your wrong series of conclusions with blaming others, that is all.

Instead of blaming others, try to come to a conclusion that maybe fault is on your side ? I hope one day.

About syntax I use or created, It is very clear and very simple to everyone around with very good reasons behind.
 I do not know what is so complex to you, I am away from development more than 6 months and it is still quite simple to me.
  Since you did not give any example what you do not understand, where there is already instructions available on Macro Library section and inside plugins where rest understands clearly,
   Further I leave explaining to Galapo when you ask.

And a new subject from JonF:

"For example I asked why isn't there ONE script that creates links in ALL projects with ONE WinBuilder refresh. "
I do not understand, maybe Galapo do ?
 As far as I remember, I asked you to give a real example to explain, and you did not. To me Mostly JonF do not respond with what is asked.

I already can understand the way JonF thinks, I leave others to respond JonF.

Or JonF, simply follow KYHI and other Tutorial topic and instructions, you will gain time for yourself and all rest.

Or Good luck on your rabbit warren of your personal organisations.

Anyway, overall good luck and have fun on your JonF special failures where others do not on your rabit warren way.

On my side I am around only for couple of hours to update plugins on servers following feedback on topics, where there is no JonF kind failures.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 05:23:41 AM »

JonF

• Code Baker
  • Chef
I have been supporting users in one forum or another since 1986, including over ten years as an official representative of Autodesk.

Rule 1: Don't insult the user.
Rule 2: Do not insult the user, ever.
Rule 3: Never, ever, insult the user under any circumstances.
Rule 4: Never tell the user that what they report is impossible or a lie.

JonF probably not updated with the provided way as usual, and stupid winbuilder failed downloading container or main 7z plugin where mismatch occurs
  You are calling me a liar and I demand an apology.  The Gena Meal on gena.cwcodes.net contained 7-Zip v48 as of July 18.  I downloaded the entire Gena from gena.cwcodes.net.  Twice.

Your conclusion, yet again, is wrong by saying ExtractAllFiles not working,
 Galapo 1st post fixed your wrong conclusion but not your failure.
 JonF saying "When did v49 appear" clearly shows JonF post saying "I downloaded a whole new Gena a week or so ago" is wrong,
No, it's correct.  V48 was on gena.cwcodes.net as of July 18.  Galapo will confirm that.

JonF failed downloading "a whole new Gena", god knows what other things missing than 7z.
I got everything that was on gena.cwcodes.net.  If that's incomplete the web page should say so.

Typical JonF wrong posts that get anyone who tries to help lead to failures.....
Bullshit.

[qquote]Reality is ExtractAllFiles was working all the time, it was your wrong conclusion it is not working,
 Galapo told you "I really don't know what is happening for you.", on my side I already know what was hapening on your side,[/quote]
 No, you do not know.  You are making up a fantasy based on your grudge against me.  "Never tell the user that what they report is impossible or a lie".  I got easily a half-dozen logs (which appear to have been deleted) in which ExtractAllFiles failed, no matter what code I used to try to create or check for existing directories. I guess you know better than me what those logs contained.

Instead of blaming others, try to come to a conclusion that maybe fault is on your side ? I hope one day
Where have I blamed others?  Matthew 7:3 - "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

About syntax I use or created, It is very clear and very simple to everyone around with very good reasons behind.
You threw away backward compatibility with no good reason.

I do not know what is so complex to you, I am away from development more than 6 months and it is still quite simple to me.
7-zip.  Explain in a few sentences how and why that works as it is written in three files.  If I wrote it:

In one file extract the program files to the target and store the approriate registry values.

I already can understand the way JonF thinks
No, you don't.  You've made up a monster based solely on your inability to understand my issue with creating links, and you are posting lies based on that fantasy.  YThat is totally inappropriatge and several apologies are in order.  Not that I expect any
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:24:02 AM by JonF »

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 11:36:21 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Oh my god.....

I have been supporting users in one forum or another since 1986, including over ten years as an official representative of Autodesk.
I do not get payed by Autodesk or by anyone else, I do not have to follow end user protocols, I already know them.

Rule 1: Don't insult the user.
Rule 2: Do not insult the user, ever.
Rule 3: Never, ever, insult the user under any circumstances.
Rule 4: Never tell the user that what they report is impossible or a lie.
hmmm,

on a payed environment, where you have to serve customer, customer who pays the money is always right ;)

these rules are 2 way on a free environment, are you sure you are following your own rules !!!!

Rule 1 : First Follow instructed ways
instead what you do
- follow your personal unknown ways to do something (download/updatte Gena) and say you did it. (which becomes wrong in the end)
- blame developers for failure on a topic
- further with wrong conclusions
- and as a result do not like responds on topic

Typical JonF for a long while.....

JonF probably not updated with the provided way as usual, and stupid winbuilder failed downloading container or main 7z plugin where mismatch occurs
  You are calling me a liar and I demand an apology.  The Gena Meal on gena.cwcodes.net contained 7-Zip v48 as of July 18.  I downloaded the entire Gena from gena.cwcodes.net.  Twice.

so on  July 18 you downloaded entire Gena via Utils\Update Gena to update your Gena !!
 and I believe you did not,
  still you say that you did update whole Gena. (on your own personal way !!! which is the root cause of your failure)

And on a such a failure, what you need is to simply use Utils\Update Gena to be sure you update your Gena properly.
 and Obviously you did not,
  still you say that you get July 18 of Gena, since JonF is the ONLY one who have such failure for a long while now,
    it is "Yet another JonF failure of his personal usage which is rabbit warren"

Well I demand an apology since you never follow instructions,
 and with wrong conclusions,
  cause lots of wasted time posts that leads to nothing but only we again see JonF did something not as instructed.

I demand an apology,
 since mostly I am the one who take your posts seriously,
  and try to feedback or solve all your troubles,
   still you do not follow simple instructions and fail in your way, where no others fails !!!!!!

extractallfiles wrong conclusion --> I did not say liar
failed downloading following official way (but claims) -> I did not say liar
you fail, you have wrong conclusions, you provide wrong feedback, you do not accept answers and follow instructions on topics.

--> now another wrong conclusion "liar"

I demand apology for that, I did not say that.

I got everything that was on gena.cwcodes.net.  If that's incomplete the web page should say so.
Utils\Update Gena would tell your failure, which obviously you did not use.

---> this does not mean you are liar, this means you failed on your side and you did not check on your method...

ps: you can also use free download manager or getright etc. to download, whatever you use is your responsibility.

No, it's correct.  V48 was on gena.cwcodes.net as of July 18.  Galapo will confirm that.
well on this case instead of Galapo, I prefer believing ChrisR,
history notes says ChrisR updated 7z plugins last time at 2016.06.03 previously 2016.03.13 and before....
Well mostly Chris admins 7z plugins ( 7z rabbit warrens) for a looooong while now.

If there were such failures SE users would sure jump around  :wink:

still such failure you get have nothing related to unpack, extractallfiles, or rabbit warren. ( --> which rules you do not follow ? yet again wrong conclusions.....) ---> with your words:

and even if there where such a plugin failure,
 as written initially,
 what any normal user simply should do is use Utils\Update XXX and there would not be such a current topic.

Instead we follow JonF way !!!!

At this point , I again demand 2 times an apology from you.

Matthew 7:3 - "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"
Funny indeed, I already wrote you on other topic :

As written on other topic, notice that, you are the ONLY one who have such failures.
 I hope this will come to your mind one day, Maybe you are the reason of your failures.

I prove my statement with reality many times on also other topics,
Maybe I also should demand an apology on this....

You threw away backward compatibility with no good reason.

reasons written many times. These commands are all ancient history now. God bless from such bad commands.

No, you do not know.  You are making up a fantasy based on your grudge against me.  "Never tell the user that what they report is impossible or a lie".  I got easily a half-dozen logs (which appear to have been deleted) in which ExtractAllFiles failed, no matter what code I used to try to create or check for existing directories. I guess you know better than me what those logs contained.
Logs are at \Logs\ folder (not deleted, moved)
 Very old dated logs or after a size \Logs\ deleted. (after they become maybe 100 MB)
   I do not know better than you what logs contained.
     I will give you a biiiig apology when you provide a log that says 7zip plugin with extractallfiles failed.
     Well you can personally fail with extractallfiles by using wrong syntax on your plugins, but you can not say command not available or failed. You never provide any log about such thing....
       Overall reminding extractallfiles command %99 not used on plugins, since it does not provide any information about failure which file extraction fails, instead extractfile on all plugins so when there is failure it will give exactly which file failed ex: your failure log about 7z plugin ---> I quickly saw you did not update project properly , which is usual with JonF.

7-zip.  Explain in a few sentences how and why that works as it is written in three files.  If I wrote it:

In one file extract the program files to the target and store the approriate registry values.
I am not sure about the question "how and why that works as it is written in three files"

as far as I can understand: Container plugin is not new (older than me), it is winbuilder bug workaround which workaround both plugin process speed and interface refresh speed.

and I do not understand your statement "In one file extract the program files to the target and store the approriate registry values."

as far as I can understand: you are free to write all-in-one 7zip plugin of your own.

2 sentence  :wink:

I already can understand the way JonF thinks
No, you don't.  You've made up a monster based solely on your inability to understand my issue with creating links, and you are posting lies based on that fantasy.  YThat is totally inappropriatge and several apologies are in order.  Not that I expect any

Well I do understand ;) problem is you do not accept any answer

If it is about "apology" yes I should ask several several apologies from you because of same kind of JonF own failures all the time.
 I spend lots of time to figure out what you are doing there, enough time to understand what JonF do on his own way of rabbit warren.

Reminding:
As written on other topic, notice that, you are the ONLY one who have such failures.
 I hope this will come to your mind one day, Maybe you are the reason of your failures.

people who do not have ANY of your failures recently do :

Feedback on plugins: mydeardiary http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=175.msg20858#msg20858
Update and New Plugins + Development (template) : KYHI reply 273 280 http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1413.msg20766#msg20766
Update Plugins: prz42 reply 185  http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=676.msg20717#msg20717
Get feedback about Gena wim iso USB boot -> gbrao http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1817.0
Project Development continues with plugin and penetwork updates: Hikari Calyx ChrisR JFX http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1822.0
and a bit older
Radix sharing ~280 plugins: http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1807.0

What JonF recently do :
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1827 - 7-Zip broken --- JonF own failure of updating / downloading projects
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1821 - %PE_Programs% broken --- JonF own failure, god knows why !!! since not further posts to feedback ????????
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1728 - turn template question to historic unpack command discussion
like older
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1654.msg19973#msg19973 --- JonF own failure without accepting any answer reason unknown

Feel free to apology after you understand people mostly feedback to your own failures where you always provide wrong information and wrong conclusions making feedback harder and harder.....

When you are ready  :thumbsup:

Well on my side, I do not ask for an apology and I do not say bullshit,
 It is already quite hard to accept own failures and an apology is harder, saying bullshit is quite easier.
   I can only hope you understand what you are really doing.

And Most important: NO not again a long post, I will not respond another long post in detail,
 I only came around to update plugins and little feedback on topics today,
  already spent too much time JonF do not want to accept his own obvious failures. !!!!

Ask 1 by 1, and Accept and Digest answers 1 by 1. and Better others respond 1 by 1.

I am still waiting for your
ONE script.
Creating links in ALL projects.
with ONE  WinBuilder refresh.
replied by someone else.

God bless you JonF. Take it easy and read current post at least twice.

:turtle:

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »

Galapo

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Just to clarify. :smile:

1. ExtractAllFiles
This command is an internal WB command. As such, I do not think it can be overwritten or made to not work. I have no memory of any of us trying to disable it or not use it. In fact, I think we have kept using it throughout the life of the various projects. Whenever I have tested it, it has worked. Whenever I have checked, there has been working plugins that use the command.

I do not know why this was not working on your end JonF and then started working again. I can say that as far as I am aware, it was not because we disabled it and then reenabled it. As I said, I do not think this is possible, even if we wanted to (which we don't).

2. The 7-Zip plugin and the Gena download ZIP package
Currently, if an end-user downloads the ZIP package from gena.cwcodes.net/Compressed they are downloading a package that was created on 2016.02.07. The date is listed on the download page. That means that if an end-user downloads the ZIP package, say on 18 July, it will be downloading the project as of the ZIP release date (i.e., 2016.02.07).

The ZIP package dated 2016.02.07 works if downloaded and run. Where a problem could well arise after that is if the project is updated using the WB Download Centre to get newer plugins and updates released after 2016.02.07. That part of WB is buggy and is not the recommended or supported way of updating the project. The only supported way of updating the project is to use either (a) the 'Utils\Update Gena' plugin developed exactly for this; or (b) using BlueLife's program blexactserver.exe stand-alone (which is actually what I do).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Galapo.

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 12:19:57 AM »

Lancelot

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Just to clarify. :smile:
Update plugin or blexactserver are not different

(a) the 'Utils\Update Gena' plugin developed exactly for this; or (b) using BlueLife's program blexactserver.exe stand-alone (which is actually what I do).

a = download (syncronize with server) to seperate folder with blexactserver.exe and filecopy to base folder automatically via 1 plugin button

b = download (syncronize with server) to seperate folder with blexactserver.exe and filecopy to base folder manually

b is sometimes complicated, sometimes boring for a normal user than project admins.

We use blexactserver more than 6 years now standalone and via plugin by ALL users.
 Self proved itsself working nicely through years and developed many times.

So we do not face topics like current anymore unless one use another bug way,
    who is normally a new user,
    and we guide to use Utils\Update which is already available on all related tutorials, and no more related bugs.

Hmm, providing stable solutions to all bugs to be "fixed forever",
 spending lots of "unpayed hours ex: unlike autodesk like company employee" for such stable solutions,
 other than :medusa: development with re appearing same bugs again and again,
   and giving "unpayed forum support" to end users,
     maybe we deserve a Big Apology: with not using provided way and complain on a new topic(s) ......

:turtle: