Topic: WinXShell - a portable shell and zero dependencies for boot.wim,winre.wim  (Read 4232 times)

Re: WinXShell - a portable shell and zero dependencies for boot.wim,winre.wim
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »

teik

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016
Hi slore and bob.omb

Thank you very much for answering so fast slore. I will try downloading and manually adding the virtual keyboard application. The truth is that the new changes of subject I liked a lot.

Bob.omb
The idea that you have had to separate this very well. To be the user's choice. Please, do not forget to include es-Es.xml

Finally, ask how the PeNetwork application startup could be included as a link, for when some configurations are missing?

The network cable icon, I can not prove it. I only have one tablet and it only has a wifi card.

Finally slore; I do not know if you know this. I usually use shared connection from my mobile (android) Is it possible to add the USB cable connection to this version? For now it is not possible in Win10PE. Do not worry it's just a question that came up.

Greetings.

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 11:00:50 PM »

slore

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
hi, teik

Finally, ask how the PeNetwork application startup could be included as a link, for when some configurations are missing?

see the "proxy" as sample.

a click link can be configure as:
a button, with underline text display. (see "<u>A</u>pply")

so, a clickable network settings will be like:
main.xml:
        <Button padding="5,0,0,0" text="%{NetworkSettings}" showhtml="true" style="ct-text-secondary" width="150" height="20" />

<locale>.xml:
    <MultiLanguage id="NetworkSettings" value="<u>Network Settings</u>" />

now, important configuration is how to start PENetwork?

"proxy" button, "osk" button in UI_WIFI, "shutdown", "restart" button in UI_Shutdown will be nice sample.

a).fist give the button a name like "networksettings".
        <Button padding="5,0,0,0" name="netwroksettings"  text="%{NetworkSettings}" showhtml="true" style="ct-text-secondary" width="150" height="20" />

b).define the click action to start PENetwork

main.jcfg

"OnClick":
  {
  "netwroksettings":"                    <- button name is main.xml
PUSH 'penetwork';                   <- CMD section in main.jcfg(JS_CMD)
PUSH 1;
CALL ::Command();
  ",

"proxysettings":"
PUSH 'inetcpl';
PUSH 1;
CALL ::Command();

",

"JS_CMD":
  {
    "::enable_firewall":{
      "command":"Wpeutil.exe",
      "parameters":"Enablefirewall",
      "flags meaning":"0 - SW_HIDE",
      "showflags":0
    },
    "::disable_firewall":{
      "command":"Wpeutil.exe",
      "parameters":"DisableFirewall",
      "showflags":0
    },
    "penetwork":{
      "command":"notepad.exe"
    }
    "inetcpl":{
      "command":"rundll32.exe",
      "parameters":"Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,4"
    },
    "osk":{
      "command":"osk.exe"
    }

here is directly use the "notepad.exe", "osk.exe", which application can be found in environment variable PATH.
so if PENetwork.exe is in other path, like Program File, you should set the PATH then call winxshell.exe or modify the command with full path : "X:\Program File\PENetwork\PENetwork.exe"

hope you can change this by yourself.

I do not know if you know this. I usually use shared connection from my mobile (android) Is it possible to add the USB cable connection to this version?
I use wifi-AP if connect with my moblile(android). USB cable maybe need the PE have some service support.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:37:32 AM by slore »

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2018, 02:13:36 AM »

teik

• Jr. Chef
Hi slore

First, thank you for your explanation. You have really explained it very well and simply for me. I apologize for my awkwardness by programming. I am a lawyer and I dedicate myself to programming in my free time, like a hobby.
I have perfectly understood your explanation. Thank you very much.

Second when I was in my Win10PE, I launched the application and this happened to me that appears in the photo. The window has opened directly in the upper corner on the left. In normal windows 10, it opens correctly. But in the different versions of Win10PE, it happens that it opens up. Do you know what is due? With the previous version this did not happen. I attached image, since it also blocks transparency and does not allow me to select anything.

Greetings and many thanks for your explanation of the code.  :smile:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:14:08 AM by teik »

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2018, 07:53:11 AM »

slore

• Jr. Chef
Hi, teik

see the screen of your main.jcfg it seem OK.

the "position":"rightbottom", "trans": 200, is defined.but they didn't work.
I saw you change the trans from 220->200, maybe there are some invaild character in the main.jcfg, so it wonldn't work.

the previous version is OK, new one is NG,
windows is OK, PE is NG,  :confused:
did they use the same main.jcfg?

did you just change the winxshell.exe(the previous one) -> winxshell_old.exe, and run:

winxshell_old.exe -ui -jcfg UI_WIFI\main.jcfg
winxshell.exe -ui -jcfg UI_WIFI\main.jcfg

to see if the old one may also NG?

would you upload the main.jcfg(or zip the all UI_WIFI folder)? I will test it in my windows or boot.wim to find the problem.

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2018, 10:50:53 AM »

teik

• Jr. Chef
Hi, slore
Delete the version and download it again. But it looked like it was in the upper corner again. Trying to delete and put again, I realized that if I remove this line from main.jcfg:

Code: [Select]
"class": "CDUIWIFIWindow",
Line 3

It reappears in its correct position. I do not know what that line refers to but it causes Win10PE to move and can not be selected. The previous version works without problem. The new version if you eliminate that line returns to its correct position, below and right.

I have tried the previous version of WinXShell.exe old and the rest of the new version without touching anything of the main.jcfg: Everything works well except the color.

In windows all work well. The error occurs in Win10PE.

Greetings and I hope I have helped you as much as possible with the error. If you need more tests, just let me know.

PS: In the previous version I had also downloaded the trans: 190 and no problem.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:01:05 AM by teik »

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2018, 11:09:17 AM »

slore

• Jr. Chef
Hi teik

changlog:
improve:add "class" option(jcfg) for identifying wireless network connection UI, so now can change the "UI_WIFI" folder name to something else you like.

in new version i use this line to identify if this is WIFI window, the old one is used the "name":"UI_WIFI",
as the name is assoc with the UI_WIFI folder, someone can't change the folder with another name they like.

if removed the "class" line, the WIFI window will just be a normal UI window(main.xml's configration), but wonldn't work with some coding feature,
show WIFI list, connect to the WIFI(this is hard work, not like UI_Shutdown,UI_Resolution can be define ClickAction in main.jcfg, so I direct implement in the code).

EDITED:
but without this line it wounldn't work in WINDOWS either.  :???confuse???:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:14:17 AM by slore »

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2018, 12:46:57 PM »

teik

• Jr. Chef
Hi, slore
Sorry for my bad explanation.
That line if you eliminate it: the rectangle goes back to the lower right corner. But the rest of the functions like the WIFI list does not work as you said. Only the position is corrected. As indicated in the previous image, it appeared in the upper left corner.

All this in Win10PE. This visual failure only occurs with the boot.wim (Win10PE).

In normal windows 10, it works perfectly without touching anything, according to its download.

Greetings and apologies for confusing you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------o----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For me, if you want to go back to the previous configuration and that the folder keeps a name fixed, it would not be a problem.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:49:45 PM by teik »

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2018, 01:29:46 AM »

bob.omb

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Teik,

You are modifying a file incorrectly.  All is displaying well over here even with heavy modifications, running in PE.

Slore,

All edits and additions are already created.  Plugin is nearly complete.  Not much time the past few days looking forward to completing this over the weekend.

I made configurations for plugin.

Theme:

Default(Blue) -or- Dark(Grey)

Default(Blue) - All colors for WIFI and Resolution are default blue colors

Dark(Grey) - All colors for WIFI and Resolution are grey colors

Layout:

Default(PE) -or- Modified(Win10)

Default(PE) - All layout and buttons are set as default the way slore intended - OSK is also included in this config

Modified(Win10) - Layout is adjusted on Resolution (Slider is removed) - Layout is adjusted on Wifi Flyout to mimic Win10 more closely - Network button on WIFI is clickable and opens network setting.  Wireless service is unavailable layout adjusted - OSK button removed

-------------------------

ila_rendered

I only need to finish locales and plugin (plugin is a little bit of a pain with 2 dropdowns it means I have to make 4 separate possible outcomes for the plugin for each UI addition.. Im sure there's a simpler way but too tired atm to look it up...) At present I have it all set up in different components that way we can easily update moving forward...

Ill finish and upload updated plugin tomorrow night unless I find time sooner..

----

BTW thanks slore.. Great work  :thumbsup:

(Keep working on that wired network icon if you can it's very important to get people to adopt your shell at present time - This will probably be the most popular feature in the short term until you complete other parts of the shell more..It is coming along nicely  :wink:)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:35:20 AM by bob.omb »

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2018, 03:10:26 AM »

slore

• Jr. Chef
Hi, bob.omb
I only need to finish locales and plugin (plugin is a little bit of a pain with 2 dropdowns it means I have to make 4 separate possible outcomes for the plugin for each UI addition.. Im sure there's a simpler way but too tired atm to look it up...) At present I have it all set up in different components that way we can easily update moving forward...

the locales should be same files for even different layout.(remain removed Slider's locales define will not be error. )
and my layout can be remove for them because they are not worked.(just for UI sample, make people know it can be define like this.)

what I image(all patterns is use same file structure in one folder):
UI_WIFI
  locales\*.xml  <- share for every layout, same for every color theme
  themes\*.xml <- share for every layout
  rc\*.png         <- share for every layout
  main.jcfg <- default
  main.xml <- default
  main-win10.jcfg
     "entry":"main-win10"  <- point to modified layout file(main-win10.xml)
  main-win10.xml  <- your modified layout

what's different for use?
JUST the startup commandline with different arguments.
  • winxshell.exe -ui -jcfg UI_WIFI\main.jcfg
  • winxshell.exe -ui -jcfg UI_WIFI\main.jcfg -theme darkgrey
  • winxshell.exe -ui -jcfg UI_WIFI\main-win10.jcfg
  • winxshell.exe -ui -jcfg UI_WIFI\main-win10.jcfg -theme darkgrey
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:13:06 AM by slore »

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2018, 03:20:47 AM »

teik

• Jr. Chef
Hi bob.omb and slore
I apologize if it is my mistake. When bob.omb upload it, I will try and comment. When I want to add PeNetwork, it is possible that I did something wrong. I do not know.
I will comment when when I download it.
Thank you very much for the image, it looks good.
Regards

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2018, 09:47:57 AM »

bob.omb

• Chef
Slore,

Problems I am having:

Inside main-modi.jcfg:
"Entry":"main-modi" <--- Entry point is not working for main-modi.xml - If files are named main.xml and main.jcfg they work fine...

also

SSIDterm.xml would need to be changed for the layout change, its the osk.exe button.  For now I will just copy different versions of the file..

also

The -theme darkgrey flag is not working. I made sure the theme darkgrey.xml file was named correctly and in placed in the themes folder (wanted to make sure I could change name from gray to grey because if this works then I can make more themes) I was using "Include Source" for the theme before but commented it out again with <!-- --> and tried the method you showed me with no luck

LMK maybe I'm doing something wrong - Here are the files I'm testing with maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong, sorry about the delay I'm on limited time this week but should be focused this weekend(today)

* WXShell-edits.7z (2264.28 kB - downloaded 15 times.)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:56:46 AM by bob.omb »

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2018, 11:21:12 AM »

slore

• Jr. Chef
Hi,bob.omb
sorry for my bad sample in reply.

Entry point is not working for main-modi.xml
define the entry need the full name of layout file, so should be:
"entry":"main-modi.xml",

SSIDterm.xml would need to be changed for the layout change, its the osk.exe button.  For now I will just copy different versions of the file..
define a hidden style for osk-button in main-modi.xml layout file.(needn't modify the main.xml)
<Style name="osk-button" visible="false" />

and, add this style for osk button in SSIDItem.xml
<Button style="ct-button" style="osk-button" bordersize="2" name="launch_osk" text="OSK" />

if define the style in a theme file,will effort by theme not the layout.

The -theme darkgrey flag is not working.

remove the     <Include source="themes\default.xml" /> in main.xml, the theme will work for main.jcfg.

set the "entry" correctly with "main-modi.xml", the theme will work for main-modi.jcfg.

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2018, 11:25:34 AM »

slore

• Jr. Chef
sorry about the delay I'm on limited time this week but should be focused this weekend(today)

you are doing good things(share for the others), but don't be so rush, take your time.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:25:50 AM by slore »

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2018, 09:10:14 PM »

bob.omb

• Chef
Updated Plugin v03 attached.   :great:

ila_rendered

Place plugin in %BaseDir%\Projects\MyPlugins_Direct\Shell\  :whistling:

* 2-WinXShell.7z (1503.03 kB - downloaded 16 times.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:54:59 PM by bob.omb »

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2018, 09:36:32 AM »

slore

• Jr. Chef
Hi,teik

I figure out why the new version can't work on your PE.
not the "theme" stuff, or the "class" stuff.

I detect if there is a avalible wired connection, so show the wired icon on tray.
but in your PE it BLOCKING in few minutes, so wifi window blocked on the initialization phase,
the trans thing and adjusting the position operation didn't run, also no wifi connections.

maybe in some PE leak wired LAN services or some support file will be that, I will try other way to detect the wired network state.
for now, I just make a temporary fixed version for you, you can add a line
"wirednetworkicon":false,

in UI_WIFI\main.jcfg to avoid detect it.

if someone got the WIFI window BLOCK, try this version for that.if the WIFI window work fine, no need to download this.
* WinXShell_x64_exe.zip (857.96 kB - downloaded 5 times.)
* WinXShell_x86_exe.zip (735.93 kB - downloaded 4 times.)

Regards

teik

• Jr. Chef
Hi slore,
I just tried the new configuration and it works. Thank you very much for trying the Win10PE that I sent you. I'm glad you could detect the error. I apologize if I confused you with my indications of "class" Sorry.

-After I will try again to include the execution of PENetwork. I have tried with your explanation that it is very clear, but I can not get it started. Now that you have the ISO that I sent you, could you check if the commands you indicated above work? The Network setting button appears and is underlined, but does not start the application. In the afternoon I will continue trying to change things.

Greetings and many thanks for finding the error and give so fast solution.

slore

• Jr. Chef
Hi,teik

I figure out why you can't do it work by yourself. There isn't any sample about a little details for JSON format.
the "\" character need to be escaped with another "\".

for bob.omb's main-modi.jcfg, do next change will startup PENetwork.exe when click the Network Settings.

"netsetting":{
      "command":"X:\\Program Files\\PENetwork\\PENetwork.exe"
   }

also without any change, It should open the Network Settings Window, but I tried it,
and the explorer window be BLOCKING... so, your PE has some issue with LAN stuff.
(maybe same issue source for UI_WIFI be BLOCKING.)

HERE is another issue, when I change it to PENetwork.exe.

It worked for first clicking, but after that will no any effort when you click it.
when I clicked the PENetwork shortcut in startmenu, It also don't show the
main setting window but left tray icon on the right bottom tray area.

if you know there is some option for show the main window of the PENetwork when PENetwork.exe is already runing,
 you may change the main-modi.jcfg like:

"netsetting":{
      "command":"X:\\Program Files\\PENetwork\\PENetwork.exe",
      "parameters":"/showwindow"
   }

notice that there is added a comma after the "command" line.

ila_rendered

noelBlanc

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
hi slore,
Very good work.   :thumbsup:
Bravo !

teik

• Jr. Chef
Hi score,
First, thank you very much for the explanation again. Now it works. The "\\" was the necessary detail. Now I can go testing little by little. I really like the result. It works perfect.
I thank you for being so quick in your answers and helping you understand the code.
As you saw in my ISO, it only lets you select a screen dimension and I do not know what it may be due to. Know something? For me they are the perfect dimensions for the tablet but not for the PC. I think it's something of the integrated drivers. The screen rotation if you do it correctly.

Greetings and I hope to continue seeing how your great project evolves. The next step is to include the explorer that has the functions just and necessary for me. I will continue commenting here. Congratulations for your enormous work.