Topic: WinPE10SE Getting Started / GetWaikTools.exe Malware Problem  (Read 464 times)

WinPE10SE Getting Started / GetWaikTools.exe Malware Problem
« on: April 17, 2017, 07:49:54 AM »

kckennedy

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
Awesome project but my Symantec Endpoint Protection said GetWaikTools.exe is infected and quarantined it. I worked around this somewhat by manually copying files, and built my first iso, but now I'm trying to add additional drivers and I can't figure out how to get Dism incorporated so I can apply them with the WinBuilder.  Anybody know, is it just Dism.exe needed and what folder do the scripts expect it to be in? I looked inside the zz_Drivers.script but the folder location appears to be being passed as a parameter.  Any help would be appreciated.

Re: WinPE10SE Getting Started / GetWaikTools.exe Malware Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »

kckennedy

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
Well, somehow I got a valid copy of GetWaikTools.exe in the \Workbench\Common\GetWaikTools folder, maybe it was after I updated the GetWaikTools.script to get it to work with the newly named wimmountadksetup... files.  I ran the GetWaikTools plugin under Utils, and selected the Dism for Windows 10 option, it seemed to download 85% and then gave an error, but this seemed to make Dism work anyway.

Re: WinPE10SE Getting Started / GetWaikTools.exe Malware Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »

JFX

• Moderator, Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Exclude the WinPESE directory in your Symantec Endpoint Protection.