Topic: "Failed to find section [Add-Shortcut-1-LNK-Boottime-Explorer-Shortcuts.exe"  (Read 111 times)

ZYX

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
If I choose "Create .LNK files at boot-time using" "Shortcuts.exe" in the ShortcutsCentro plugin, I get the following error in the "Profile Handling and Settings" plugin after some Access Violations errors:
Run - Failed to find section [Add-Shortcut-1-LNK-Boottime-Explorer-Shortcuts.exe-NoDebug] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\Basic\6 ShortcutsCentro.script]

If I set debug to on in ShortcutsCentro, I get the error:
Run - Failed to find section [Add-Shortcut-1-LNK-Boottime-Explorer-Shortcuts.exe-Debug] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Gena\Basic\6 ShortcutsCentro.script]

Galapo

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi ZYX,

Do not use shortcuts.exe for Gena. It is not supported, and so hence the error messages. Instead, use FreeShc.exe because it supports more shortcut properties and so forth. It supports build-time and boot-time shortcut generation.

Regards,
Galapo.

ZYX

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
Ok, thanks for the explanation. Maybe it should be noted in the plugin GUI, so users will know what should not do.

Galapo

• Moderator, Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Yep, we could do that. Although it may not really be that crucial because I think only you have encountered this issue so far.

Regards,
Galapo.