Topic: Is there a method to save all the build settings?  (Read 558 times)

Is there a method to save all the build settings?
« on: May 01, 2017, 04:11:27 PM »

sirjaymz

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
I am looking to save all the build setting of the main scripts and the plugins. This would allow me to revert to a previous build without having to 'reinvent the wheel' if i lose something, or mess something up.

looking to be able to save all settings from all build configured items into a 'file/script' to be able to reapply at a later time to be able to build a previous version.

essentially, anything that is built, i'd like to be able to rebuild at a later time, or be able to share my build parameters with others, and allow them to build it as well.  this would ensure same builds are used across multiple sites, or be able to change control and revisions on builds and installs.

Is there a plugin to capture each built config settings and variables? like core build variables and local variables for each plugin or component?

Re: Is there a method to save all the build settings?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »

Galapo

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi sirjaymz,

Welcome to the forum. :smile:

Yes, there is a way to save the settings. Look at 'Utils\PluginManager'. This allows you to save the settings and revert to them later. It also allows you to distribute your selections to someone else by sending them the generated INI file.

Regards,
Galapo.

Re: Is there a method to save all the build settings?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 01:59:38 AM »

sirjaymz

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
Thank you for the hospitality. :smile:

Again, thank you in pointing me in the right direction on. This is what plugin i was looking for.

I am still trying to understand the interface and how to use all the plugins, etc.  some of the plugin pages are cryptic, and I wasn't about to enable/disable others without knowing what it all does.  :ohmy: