Topic: Increase diskspace for desktop / link folders to desktop / IE  (Read 177 times)

aventre

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: May 2017
Hello Community!

I'd like to place some folders with CMD Tools etc. inside at the desktop.

I tried to do this with the "Additional Files" Script. All good so far, tested successfully with some testfiles and testfolders.

So I placed my desired folders in WinPE "\Workbench\Common\Win10PESE\AdditionalFiles\DirCopy_All\Users\Default\Desktop".

The script run successfully but after booting there is only a black screen. I can't see when exactly but I think its before or after login (Logon as Admin activated).

So I put only a few folders and it works fine.

The I copied the desired folders with the booted WinPE and there is a error, that there isn't enought free space on the desktop.

Is there any way to increase the "diskspace" for the desktop. Or anyone knows how I can put or link the directories on the desktop in another way?

Another question is, if there is a script for Win10PESE to implement Internet Explorer?

Thanks in advance!

Regards from Switzerland

Re: Increase diskspace for desktop / link folders to desktop / IE
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 09:23:09 AM »

maanu

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
can you live with just a shortcut of that folder to your desktop ?

there are various possibilities ,

1- use PECMD , edit PECMD.INI from your system32 folder , add following lines in last

FORX \FOLDER\FILE.XYZ,TAG,0,TEAM LINK %Desktop%\shortcutname,%TAGE%\FILE.XYZ

above command assumes ,that your mysterious folder is at root of your bootable media either USB or DVD whatever , and a file FILE.XYZ is being linked to your desktop. you can change names accordingly.

you can increase space through FBWF i believe . by the way , what is the size of that folder and why it has to be at desktop ?

Re: Increase diskspace for desktop / link folders to desktop / IE
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:21:44 AM »

aventre

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: May 2017
Thanks for your reply, maanu!

Yes, of course, just a shortcout is also ok.

I'll try your suggestion with PECMD