Topic: Win10PE PXE Boot  (Read 1282 times)

Win10PE PXE Boot
« on: May 23, 2017, 03:45:12 AM »

wazzgod

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: May 2017
Hello,

1. I am a huge fan of this project. Thanks everyone for all the hard work!

2. When I registered for an account it was sent to my gmail spam folder. Maybe a server admin should check with their host to see why the server emails are going to junk folders. The ip does show its on a blacklist on mxtoolbox.com

Info -
Received: from gateway20.websitewelcome.com (gateway20.websitewelcome.com. [192.185.64.36])
spf=pass (google.com: domain of galapo@gator4044.hostgator.com designates 192.185.64.36 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=galapo@gator4044.hostgator.com

3. PXE Boot. So it would be nice to be able to boot this win10 image over the network like winpe boot.wim. Does anyone know if thats possible with the current scripts / setup? Also if a unattended.xml file could be passed for basic network setup / rdp / admin pass that would be awesome. Basically trying to create a livecd over the network pxe boot and add some automation for servers.

Re: Win10PE PXE Boot
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 04:35:39 AM »

azertyuiop

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: May 2017
Hello,

After you created the iso, you can use memdisk, works for me :
LABEL      Windows 10 PE
KERNEL     /memdisk
INITRD     Win10PESE.iso
APPEND     iso raw

Re: Win10PE PXE Boot
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:11:58 AM »

whiggs

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2015
As for getting your Winpe to boot off a Pxe Server, look no further than the below setting in "WinBuilder".  Be warned, though, if you have a lot of content in your WinPE, you will need a lot of RAM in the client device to successfully load it, as EVERYTHING will be packed into the WIM file: