Topic: Plugin Gimagex  (Read 543 times)

Plugin Gimagex
« on: July 11, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »

rylopez

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Greetings

I want to say thanks for the help that represents this project for me,  to all the administrators and any person tha collaborate with the project.

Make the win10pe se but,  How I can make the Gimagex appears in the windows 10pe se, like an application, because I can fin it, I create the ISO and  make a cd for boot, and look for all folder when the windows10 pe se start but I can see this app, and really I want to use it, the script to create is in the utilities folder, but I can add it to find when I start the windows pe se and how I add it for use.

one more time thanks for this big help,

and

any help that anyone can give me I really appreciate.

Re: Plugin Gimagex
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 02:40:51 PM »

bob.omb

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
This is my first post on this site, I'm sure there is a better way but if you use DISM command line to mount the WIM you made you can drag and drop gimagex right into it wherever you like.  Moreover there is a manual way to edit the start menu and desktop icons to add it.  I'm sure however that there is a more "correct" way to do this which is why I just signed up.

After you've manually moved the file in if you need to manually move shortcuts into place just drop them....(below)

For Start Menu should be mountpoint\users\default\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\start menu - make sure shortcuts put here point to the correct drive letter (usually x:\) for when the system is booted into PE

For Desktop its mountpoint\users\default\desktop\ - shortcuts here, again make sure drive letter and paths match the loaded environment

I hope my first post doesn't get me into too much hot water but I also hope that it helps and know its works... :thumbsup:

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 12:58:11 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
This is my first post on this site, I'm sure there is a better way ....  I'm sure however that there is a more "correct" way to do this which is why I just signed up.

You can create a plugin for GimageX instead of manual ways
Utils\PC Packed -> Plugin Creator Packed

I hope my first post doesn't get me into too much hot water but I also hope that it helps and know its works... :thumbsup:
GimageX works with ...dll, and mount function works with ...sys , so adding manual may not work but you can configure things related with ...dll and ....sys with plugin. Not much hot water, requires some work.

:turtle:

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 02:50:07 PM »

senile2

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
I would like to throw my two cents into the discussion if I may... I have tried the plugin from Yomi and the one from the Gena project with not luck.  There is a gimagex in the utils directory that works fine, but I don't know how to get it up to HD/imaging were it belongs.  I have even tried to make my own plugin by downloading the gimagex directory from online ..... still no luck. I have done this in the past but I have forgotten how I did it.

Anyone with knowledge of the gimagex plugins that can give me (us) a hint on how to get it to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
senile2

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 01:02:29 PM »

Tony4219

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Try this.

This plugin is what I use for GimageX in Win10PESE x64.

Note, source disk is 14393 x64, distro is equivalent of Dec 2016 Winbuilder distro, and plugin was not made with PCPacked.  Located in Miscellaneous folder on startmenu.

It is a 3-step process to run GimageX using this plugin:

Create a NEW, virgin, mountpoint each time. You cannot use a premade empty folder; it won't work.
          Run 1-Winmount setup, from Startmenu, first.
          Run 2-GimageX, from Startmenu, second.

Read the other discussions about requirement for matching Tools, ADK files, and source disk files. This assumes you have the correct versions for your build installed in Tools.

Tested only in Win10PESE x64; it likely won't work in Gena or 32-bit Winbuilders. I don't know if it will work in later versions of source disks. I made this when the 2 available ones on Yomi could not be made to work.

I have attached the plugin and a description of my build. 

Tony4219  :play_ball:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:03:52 PM by Tony4219 »