Topic: Selecting applications in Win 10 PE SE?  (Read 207 times)

Selecting applications in Win 10 PE SE?
« on: August 12, 2017, 09:03:59 AM »

Sephiroth

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
I work at an IT firm and have been using a custom-made Windows 7 PE disc (we made it) to do maintenance and such on licensed PCs. I am now trying to do this with Windows 10 and am learning Win10PESE. It saves us hours upon hours of manual work. However, I cannot figure out how to add the numerous apps to the created ISO.

I extract the archive to C:\Win10PE, create an "Image" folder inside of that folder, copy a legal Windows 10 Pro 64bit disc to the folder, and then run WinBuilder as admin. The first or second time I did this I had a "Downloads" folder on the left and it had "Apps", "AppsY", "AppsGS", "AppsYGS", and more. I was not sure what I was doing so I erased everything inside the "Win10PE" folder except the image folder, and then extracted it for a fresh start. Now I do not have that downloads folder.

How does this work? I cannot find a guide. I want to add things like Opera, Firefox, Chrome, MyDefrag, and more. Help?

Re: Selecting applications in Win 10 PE SE?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »

APT

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
Hi Sephiroth

have you tried

http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1666.0

and ensure that you follow win10 iso requirements  ie
Version 1703 is build 15063 (not supported)
Version 1607 is build 14393 (supported)

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 01:43:48 PM »

Sephiroth

• Apprentice
I am using the correct build, 1607. I have every build, both 32bit and 64bit, in ISO format on a BTRFS share. I did read through there but haven't yet seen my exact query answered. I am continuing to read it. I just can't understand why one time I had an option I do not have now. I also do not understand the different app folders which were there either, yet. Having fun learning this software though. It is ALWAYS handy to have a utility disc or thumb-drive for Windows.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »

Sephiroth

• Apprentice
Sorry for the quick reply, but I do not seem to have an option to edit/update my post. I just finished the thread you linked and saw nothing about getting those missing menus back or how they work, or which apps option to use in said menus. I have already built two working builds, but I cannot figure out how to get the option to add things like MyDefrag again. Not sure what I did to make the option show up the first time.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:30:42 PM »

Sephiroth

• Apprentice
I figured it out! I am currently building an ISO with many tools and cannot wait to try it out. I will post my steps for others once I verify I am good. Got a baby in one arm right now and typing is difficult.

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 01:10:52 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
The first or second time I did this I had a "Downloads" folder on the left
How does this work? I cannot find a guide.

on builder interface under "Downloads" there is plugin "Downloads Info"

on "Downloads Info" plugin there is weblink "How to use \Downloads\"

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 05:44:15 AM »

Sephiroth

• Apprentice
Yes, I figured it out. Thank you. Working on another issue now, but it isn't related.