Topic: Error copying UK keyboard into build  (Read 341 times)

Error copying UK keyboard into build
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »

bob.omb

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Keyboard is set to "Import from Host OS", English us is primary, and English uk is secondary - are active on host OS.  (I tried having more than this at once but this is simplest way to troubleshoot just the two at first) Build gives warnings that keyboard did not appear to be a standard keyboard and was ignored.  also tried English uk extended

Trying to use Keyboard Switcher Plugin (AppsGS\System Tools) to CTRL-TAB between keyboards, and cannot seem to get the keyboard layouts to import correctly.(Stays on US)  Is there a manual way to do this I think that would be better?  Must I have languages installed to have keyboard layouts be switchable?   Is this a 1709 issue?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:38:46 AM by bob.omb »

Re: Error copying UK keyboard into build
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:20:49 PM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
HI bob.omb

provide basic build log with default settings.
I will try to look when I get back home + free time.

:turtle:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:21:11 PM by Lancelot »

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 05:28:21 AM »

bob.omb

• Chef
Log attached.  (I used to name my %basedir% the same as the build of Win, but additional registry plugin hardcodes some stuff, so 1703 was the last time I changed it, I'm just leaving it for now, will correct later - ignore %basedir% name, this is for 1709)

The warning in question is the standard UK keyboard for 1709 (Also tried Extended, same error.) I am attempting to add this by going into my host systems Language and region, selecting English US > Options > Add Keyboard > (United Kingdom -or- United Kingdom Extended) --- Then let builder "Import from Host OS"

Even when I select 10 keyboards, some will actually import but I cannot switch to them with keyboard switcher.  I am trying to avoid making my build huge with language files and keep English US for language but offer multiple keyboard layouts if possible. LMK if sounds possible or not.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:38:59 AM by bob.omb »

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi bob.omb,

For the record
Your warning is:
Code: [Select]
Import HosOS keyboard. Your keyboard 2: d0010409 does not appear to be a 'standard' win keyboard, it is not taken into account.

Just for reference, my warning is:
Code: [Select]
Import HosOS keyboard. Your keyboard 1: 0000041f and substitution: a001041f does not appear to be a 'standard' win keyboard. Substitution is not taken into account.
Since I use my custom keyboard,  it is normal a warning to me. :thumbsup:

You seem to be using a keyboard ( d0010409 ) that is not listed.
As far as I know from my archive, you may be using a modified version of "United States-Dvorak  00010409" ?
OR
Whatever you did on your hostos or whatever Windows do following your hostos keyboard settings, It does not seem to be United Kingdom or United Kingdom Extended.
United Kingdom               00000809
United Kingdom Extended 00000452
United States-Dvorak       00010409

I do not clearly understand what you are after ?

As far as I can guess:

You are trying to have multiple WesternEurope Language Group keyboards available.
( United Kingdom Extended , United Kingdom , United States.....)

It should be very easy :thumbsup: (and keyboard files are very small  :thumbsup: )

But Important,
 Adding a keyboard from another Group OR special keyboards are not that easy.
  Even when you add, you may not see right characters on notepad etc.
     That's the reason we have Korean IME and Chinese IME plugins
      and
     That is the reason we have a database of special keyboards following feedback.
So shorty:
 As far as I am aware, There is not yet universal solution to support ALL keyboards on PE
   But I believe "WesternEurope Language Group" will do enough for you.

See you on next post...

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 11:39:31 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi bob.omb,

1) A Stanalone keyboard changer utility should be enough for you. Let me know if you find nice ones.
(This is an area I do not touch for years now)
OR
2) You can add keyboard following windows way and a keyboard changer that follows windows registry changes keyboard.

Following path 2)

Get 2 plugins from Gena:

http://gena.cwcodes.net/Projects/Gena/Finals/1%20Optimizations/Lang_zv_Switch%20Keyboard.script
http://gena.cwcodes.net/Projects/Gena/Finals/1%20Optimizations/Lang_yv_PreLoad.Script

(I did not test and inspect these plugins deeply for SE so they have not added to \Downloads\ yet )

put them to
\Projects\MyPlugins_Direct\Final_My\

restart your builder.

\Final_My\Switch Keyboard --> change Scrollbox to Ruslat95

==>
Make your build.

====>
Ruslat95 seems to work well on Win10PESE at System Tray.

Open Notepad and test if things are ok.

reminding: you can use Left Alt + Shift to change keyboards.

There should be other keyboard indicators than Ruslat95 , I remember Chris prefer one but could not figure out where now.

I only could make very quick tests now.
 Info above would make you a head start.
   So further on your hands.
     Let us know....

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
I remember Chris prefer one but could not figure out where now.
Found

test:
Downloads\AppYGS\System Tools\Switch Keyboard

ps (not related to topic) :
Add LetterSwap to http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=2258.msg24425#msg24425

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »

bob.omb

• Chef
test:

This is the plugin I am using.  It is stuck on English US, CTRL+Tab just shows the 1 option and never changes. I think its because its the only keyboard it can find.  Also language set correctly in windows, I see the error displays d0010409 but the below pictures are what I have in my HostOS, with "Import from HostOS" set in builder.

ila_rendered
ila_rendered

Will try the manual way and update with results shortly, I am working on this now.

Also maybe note, microsofts keyboard install method has changed.  Windows 10 now imports new keyboards in a different way (on host os) than it used to.  This may be causing problems.  Either way -Yes- I only need keyboards supported by English language, to help end users.  (Language files are too big, and I cannot test as I only speak English fluently.)

Building now...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:33:02 PM by bob.omb »

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »

bob.omb

• Chef
Lancelot as always you are awesome.  Method #2 worked perfectly.

I use same keyboard switcher as ChrisR along with http://gena.cwcodes.net/Projects/Gena/Finals/1%20Optimizations/Lang_yv_PreLoad.Script

I added 00000409 (En US) and 00000809 (En UK) to the front of the switcher keyboard list. And edited the default keyboard list reg entries in plugin to reflect the order I prefer.

Also my suggestion to other builders who use this plugin - if you use kill explorer during boot, execute it during autorun.cmd instead of using the startup option the plugin provides.  This will make sure the correct flag displays (Killing explorer makes the icon reset back to the default app icon instead of the flag your supposed to see)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:26:19 AM by bob.omb »

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi bob.omb

Added plugin to servers:
Downloads\Final_Y\Language Custom PreLoad
Downloads\Final_Y\Switch Keyboard

Also updated
--> Added delay option --> increase delay to 10 seconds, which may fix your startup special case.

ps:
when giving new information, write new posts, it was only luck I read your last edit on your previous post.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:45:48 PM by Lancelot »