Topic: Register OCX  (Read 348 times)

Register OCX
« on: December 18, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »

topgundcp

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
- How do you register OCX files for programs that need them to run ? I had them copied to System32 but the program still complains missing OCX.
- There's an option to not showing the progress bar at startup of WINPESE, I set it in the past but now forget where, can't find it.
- Need to add: Right click->Personalize

Please Advise. Thanks

Re: Register OCX
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 08:40:31 PM »

Homes32

• Code Baker
  • Chef
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
1 - Copy Files has an option called "Win7 Animated boot logo" you can check to show the pulsing windows logo instead of  the green bar scrolling. not sure if thats what your talking about?

run
Code: [Select]
Regsvr32 /s <your.ocx>
from inside your PE
or use something like
AddAutoRun,"RegisterOCX",Regsvr32.exe,"/s <your.ocx>",4
in your code to have it registered automatically when you boot.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:41:37 PM by Homes32 »

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:21:56 PM »

topgundcp

• Jr. Chef
Thank you.
Here's what I did:

Require_FileQ,hhctrl.ocx
AddAutoRun,"RegisterOCX",Regsvr32.exe,"/s X:\Windows\System32\hhctrl.ocx",4

But still does not work.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »

Homes32

• Code Baker
  • Chef
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
you may want to try it manually in PE first to make sure that is the only ocx file you need and that registering it works. Then troubleshoot the AutoRun it that ends up being the issue.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 10:34:02 PM »

topgundcp

• Jr. Chef
you may want to try it manually in PE first to make sure that is the only ocx file you need and that registering it works. Then troubleshoot the AutoRun it that ends up being the issue.
Thank You. I think it actually worked but the program looks for the file(s) in X:\Windows\SysWoW64,
not in X:\Windows\System32. Once I copied them to SysWoW64, I didn't even have to register.
Learn something new everyday.
Again, Thank You.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »

topgundcp

• Jr. Chef
I got the problem with the OCX solved. Now I am trying to register some DLL's and here's the code:

If,%pCheckBox4%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,AutoRun
//If,%pCheckBox4%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,AutoRun,,,,,,,2
//If,%pCheckBox4%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,AutoRun,,#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\HideRun.exe,%ProgramTitle%,#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%#$q,"/w #$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%#$q"
AddAutoRun,"vsfilter",Regsvr32.exe," /s x:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\DirectVobSub\vsfilter.dll",2
AddAutoRun,"vsfilter64",Regsvr32.exe," /s x:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\DirectVobSub64\vsfilter.dll",2
AddAutoRun,"LAVAudio.ax",Regsvr32.exe," /s x:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\LAV\LAVAudio.ax",2
AddAutoRun,"LAVVideo.ax",Regsvr32.exe," /s x:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\LAV\LAVVideo.ax",2
AddAutoRun,"LAVSplitter.ax",Regsvr32.exe," /s x:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\LAV\LAVSplitter.ax",2
AddAutoRun,"LAVAudio.ax64",Regsvr32.exe," /s x:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\LAV64\LAVAudio.ax",2
AddAutoRun,"LAVVideo.ax64",Regsvr32.exe," /s x:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\LAV64\LAVVideo.ax",2
AddAutoRun,"LAVSplitter64",Regsvr32.exe," /s x:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\LAV64\LAVSplitter.ax",2

Can some body point out what I am doing wrong here. I should get them registered as shown below And it does not work.
Perhaps if @KYHI or @Lancelot can take a look at this. Thanks

NOTE: The screen shot registered correctly when I use a plugin to run a BAT file unattended install.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:31:25 AM by topgundcp »

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 05:08:10 PM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi topgundcp,

Use Utils\PC Packed to create a plugin with a cmd file ( + Startup option)

than add your Regsvr32.exe lines inside cmd with new plugin ( Startup enabled )

ps:
Follow instructions at PC Packed topic post to create new plugin with cmd + Startup enabled
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=178.0
 others may further feedback you.

when things found, share your K-Lite Codec Pack cmd plugin around.
http://theoven.org/index.php?board=9.0

:turtle:

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 08:11:18 PM »

topgundcp

• Jr. Chef
So if I understood correctly ie. Create .cmd file and use regsvr32.exe to register the filters/dll at startup ?

I did something similar and it worked perfectly as shown in the previous screen shot by running "K-liteSetup.exe /unattended" which created 2 files: K-lite_unattended.bat & K-lite_unattended.ini. Putting all 3 files in X:\Program Files then run at startup which silently installed the codecs and registered the .dll's. However, I want to try another method by copy all the installed files then register them myself.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:15:38 AM by topgundcp »