Topic: deleted attachments  (Read 2006 times)

deleted attachments
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:25:29 AM »

Galapo

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi Everyone,

There's been a terrible thing that has happened which I mentioned briefly here. Someone made a virus report to my webhost which I discovered was a false-positive and likely due to a few files being UPX compressed. The files were located in the attachments folder of the forum.

Before I was even notified that they would do so, a support person from my webhost deleted the entire content of the attachments folder. I have since been able to restore 2/3 of the files, but anything recent is lost.

But then things went from bad to worse. I have a Platinum account which includes daily backups. So I requested that the deleted files be restored from the previous day's backup. Then I was informed that daily backups wasn't enabled on my account. So even though I had been paying for daily backups, someone had disabled this on my account. I've been told that it has now been enabled again, but I've lost my confidence that this is so.

I am so sorry if you have lost your attachments. Anything attached between 1 October and 21 November was lost. I tried my best being given the run-around through support people, but to no avail. The files were deleted and the support person responsible made no backups.

Regards,
Galapo.

Re: deleted attachments
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:25:15 AM »

Galapo

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
I gave up trying to get support from supposedly "support" people. The attachments that remain deleted could not be restored. Sadly, the person responsible could only lamely say "sorry for the inconvenience".

Consequently, yesterday I moved the forum to a new host. One benefit is that now the forum seems to be running a bit more zippy.

Regards,
Galapo.

Ps: for those interested and want to avoid the poor webhost I was using before, it was Just Host. Just Host ended up being terrible. Deleting content without notice and features paid for that were not enabled. (And I'm still waiting after nearly 80 hours passing I'm still waiting for the Billing department to answer my ticket about what that might be the case!)

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:12:46 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Hi Galapo,

I feel sorry for the events you had to live through with Just Host,
god bless from pc-idiots who works on pc-business  :cool:
not lucky again, caused you a lot of time, but again ending with very good transfer  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: as before hopefuly no more trouble for a long while  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As you mentioned, Here new host truely gets TheOven up very goooood  :great: :great:
which made me verrrrry happy....

Thanks for all your good work on these events  :hi:

See you  :cheers:

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:11:03 AM »

Galapo

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Thanks, Lancelot.

Yes, I'm happy with the result too. :smile:

Regards,