Topic: After "Update Exact and Secure": Error "Can not detect Win 10 Source". Logfile?  (Read 237 times)

pstein

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Jan 2017
After some months of successful working with my old Win10PE version I thought it would be good idea to update my included (Packed) tools.

At first I retrieved my old WinBuilder installation (which I used months ago) and run it again.
Everything works fine (under 64bit Win7). ISO was created.

This is important: All the environment (including Win10 source) is setup correctly and working.

Then I performed (as often recommended) an "Update Win10PESE (Exact and Secure)".
This operation ended successfully (no error) as well.

Now I try to re-generate everything again.

But much to my surprise the generation process aborted after a while with a popup:

"Can not detect Windows 10 Source !!!
You must select a folder with Windows 10 files in 'Config Source'->'Select Source"
Exiting...."

I did NOT change this parameter! It must be changed by a new script.

Even when I re-set the source as suggested and restart the generation process the error re-appears.

So some new stuff must change the source location after generation start.

Whats wrong?

Where exactly is the log file which should the origin of this failure?

Peter

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
After some months of successful working with my old Win10PE version I thought it would be good idea to update my included (Packed) tools.

Good for your Win10PE . Here we do not have such project anyway.

At first I retrieved my old WinBuilder installation (which I used months ago) and run it again.
Everything works fine (under 64bit Win7). ISO was created.

Interesting. WinBuilder can create iso. Maybe latest version. Better you ask to winbuilder developers. You are at wrong forum. We DO NOT SUPPORT winbuilder.

This is important: All the environment (including Win10 source) is setup correctly and working.
Wow, winbuilder enhanced a lot since last time I see. Congratulations to winbuilder developers.

Then I performed (as often recommended) an "Update Win10PESE (Exact and Secure)".
This operation ended successfully (no error) as well.
Sounds familiar.
You can not update winbuilder with this plugin.
Winbuilder developers will verify that to you, ask them.

Now I try to re-generate everything again.
I do not know what you mean.

But much to my surprise the generation process aborted after a while with a popup:

"Can not detect Windows 10 Source !!!
You must select a folder with Windows 10 files in 'Config Source'->'Select Source"
Exiting...."
Well as I wrote you can not update winbuilder that way and whatever Win10PE you use.

I did NOT change this parameter! It must be changed by a new script.
Since we do not have scripts inside project on current section of forum , this must be a case out of project here.

Even when I re-set the source as suggested and restart the generation process the error re-appears.
After so many wrong things, I doubt anything work.

So some new stuff must change the source location after generation start.
Ask winbuilder developers or Win10PE developer you use.

Whats wrong?
You

Where exactly is the log file which should the origin of this failure?
Check your log.

And this is the LAST time you post this way.
You are around for a while now.
Next time I have to ban you causing wasting limited free time on development forum.

:horse:

Topic solved and locked for future reference.

:turtle:

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:29:04 PM by Lancelot »