Topic: Cannot detect Windows 10 Source  (Read 395 times)

Cannot detect Windows 10 Source
« on: January 02, 2018, 02:20:57 AM »

bertoven

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
I just downloaded the Windows 10 ISO. Mounted it as F: and specified F:\ as the source in win10pese

Build is always failing with cannot detect Windows Source Folder...

Please advice

Re: Cannot detect Windows 10 Source
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 02:54:22 AM »

mut

• Apprentice
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
Hi

did you try to set the source at "Configure source" and tab "source"?

Br

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:26:02 AM »

bob.omb

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Bert,

If something was already posted but its been a while and isnt easy to find I'll respond no problem no matter how simple the question....

BUT...

We were ALL new at some point and all had to learn the forum rules and posting requirements.  We ALL had to search the forums for our basic beginner questions and it was a little difficult YES -- BUT We are all better from it, it seperates the people willing to invest time and energy vs people who just want it... With that being said your new so don't take this to heart, but please hear me out, the below is important to us around here.

You may find your answer here -->  This post was just below the new thread you opened, SAME EXACT question you are asking. http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=2305.0  <-- You may find your answer here..

In addition, if you look at the very first thing you see when you open your Win10PESE project, on the first page you see, it is recommended to use extracted ISO files that have been extracted to a folder. (Mounting should work but try recommended settings first)

ila_rendered

Please take the time to search the forum before you ask questions.  I literally was a few mins late to work answering your previous post just to say "Try yourself we don't have time either" in this post which you refuse to invest your own time - http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=2363.0 - (Which btw I was there to answer your question but your response to someone telling you to try something was basically no just give me answers I'm too busy to be bothered to try, that is a turn off to give help when that is heard..)

Please look around the FAQ as well.  And through other recent threads...

I know I sound like a jerk and im NOT trying to, but c'mon dude look at the below pic....

ila_rendered

Maybe I'm wrong... But the forum would be a mess if this was allowed..

EDIT:  Don't be discouraged! When I was new and I received this information, it was from a moderator, so it was more serious than this, I'm just your peer. Giving you good forum advice and pointing out where the issue is... But I would like to see you (following forum rules) stick around.... :thumbsup:

I hope the above underlined link answers your questions, if not and you are still stuck please post your future questions related to 'Cannot detect Windows 10 Source ' there.  Where we have been discussing it and resolving issues for users who need help for the last few weeks...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:22:43 PM by bob.omb »

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:44:04 PM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Build is always failing with cannot detect Windows Source Folder...
... -> What is the message ?

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 09:03:59 PM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi bob.omb

Thanks for feedback.

Do not worry about people who can not read short instruction on Main Plugin.  :great:
Also do not worry about people who are very new computer user  :lol: , and do not have 2 minutes to test things http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=2363
Also keep in mind such posters maybe fake id from shitland ..... (which we still suffer)

Just a tip:
Config Source - Multi -> Folder Paths designed to follow developer paths.
U:\ -> ChrisR use U:\ to mount vhd source
D:\S\Win10_x64\
Paths I use to test projects
+
Gena can autodetect source folder following developer paths.
(so no need to select source folder again  :wink: )
I plan to add same feature to SE, in some far future when I can find time.... :wink:
At least it is easier now for frequent users (like you) to select different source folders for different SE with "Config Source - Multi" when you use developer paths.

:turtle: