Topic: Add "Display Settings" To right click context menu  (Read 512 times)

Add "Display Settings" To right click context menu
« on: January 20, 2018, 11:59:20 PM »

topgundcp

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
As the title said: How ?
Thanks

Re: Add "Display Settings" To right click context menu
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 06:17:46 AM »

noelBlanc

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
hi,
I hope you'll receive better news than mine.
As i test, using these features from context menu in the "explorer" desktop are not possible since Version 1503.
"Personalize" feature was possible before v1503 but need some works like modify themecpl.dll.
See my pdf on http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=1639.0 ("changing the wallpaper...")
Winpebuilder offers some possibilities often usefull
Differents possibilties for "Display settings" exist, mine is Powershell script, not the best, i know that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:18:08 AM by noelBlanc »

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 09:39:47 AM »

bob.omb

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Easiest way is with slore's WinXShell plugin. This is a custom settings option created by slore, it does not install the official display settings option from Microsoft.

It changes resolution and rotation options, and you can right-click the desktop to access it.

(Wifi flyout is incomplete for full networking, Wifi only, no wired working correctly, for your purposes disable this)

Select "Modified(Win10)" for the layout and then choose from the two currently available themes...

Download the latest plugin v04 from here: http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=2090.msg25702#msg25702
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:29:32 PM by bob.omb »

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 06:14:59 PM »

topgundcp

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Thanks for the response.
Yes, I know desktop is not available, that's why I get a message: desk.cpl Class not Registered
and I don't know how to register a .cpl file. Under Windows 10, if you run Win+R->desk.cpl, you'd get the "Display Settings"

The reason I asked because I installed: Dream Aquarium Screen Saver and when exit, the Display is set to the default 1024X768 and my setting is 1280X800, also the taskbar disappears.

Second problem is: Recovery App. There no way to exit accept to right click->Task Manager and kill the App but then lost screen background.

However, I resolved the issue using pecmd.exe as followed:
pecmd wall X:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg & pecmd kill recenv.exe & pecmd disp DISP W1280 H800 B32 F70

And create a right click context menu (Reset Display):

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:00:25 PM by topgundcp »