Topic: Plugin is changing ISO to default to Fat32 when burned with rufus  (Read 260 times)

bob.omb

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
I have isolated this behavior to a plugin.  There are a few reg keys written and some files written to CD/Normal but should that be enough to make the ISO default to Fat32? Strange behavior  :confused:  There are 2 services that are loaded in the SYSTEM hive they are set to start OnDemand (Start type 3) so I wouldn't think they would cause an issue but I wasn't aware the filesystem the ISO preferred would be dependent on anything in the registry

Re: Plugin is changing ISO to default to Fat32 when burned with rufus
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 02:09:03 PM »

bob.omb

• Chef
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
I found out what the problem was.  A plugin I created, that was installed in Y:\Programs contained grub4dos \ syslinux folders with BCD files etc etc.  This created an issue when burning my ISO to USB.  Removing the boot information from the Y:\Programs\plugin folder resolved the issue..

Apparantly even if you have standard boot folder structure and bcd files all in the correct places, any extra grub4dos and syslinux boot files IN SUBFOLDERS SEVERAL LEVELS DEEP are recognized by rufus as the primary boot files.... and the normal boot files that are in the correct places are ignored...

Make sure not to include boot files in your programs folder  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:54:59 PM by bob.omb »