Topic: Getting started questions  (Read 425 times)

Getting started questions
« on: February 20, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »

Homes32

• Code Baker
  • Chef
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Please excuse me if these questions have already been answered somewhere. I'm a native English speaker so the German forums are hard to follow sometimes.

A few questions as I'm experimenting with LSP.

• Is there planned support for attachments/embedded files?
  • Are feature requests/fixes/but submission welcome and if so where should they be posted
  • What is the dev process for LSP? is it just kare in his freetime or is it a collaborative effort?
  • Projects have both a Project.man and Project.cfg - The 2 files are nearly identical but the editor only opens Project.man what is the purpose of Project.cfg?

Homes32
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:36:16 PM by Homes32 »

Re: Getting started questions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »

CD-RW

• Moderator, LiveSystem pro
  • Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
Hello Homes32

We can also write in English. If I do not understand something, then the Google translator helps me.
To 90% it is sufficient. Reading works well, only with the letters I have my problems.

Now to your questions.

Question 1:

We discussed in our German forum last week whether we should include a function in the LSP builder
To attach files to a script.
From the program, it is not a big problem, most of the work is to find place in the Builder Gui.
It stands on my TodoList. You might prefer it.

Question 2:

Troubleshooting and requests can be requested from me. Error messages are welcome to make the builder better.
Wishes should correspond to the LSP philosophy. The reason why this builder is. It should be so simple and fast we can be.
Sincere wishes are being implemented. I care very much that my source codes is cleanly programmed.

Question 3:

The development of the software e.g. LSP-PEBuilder, LSP-Update-Center, LSP-Editor, LSP-Admin and the other tools are in my hand,
And are programmed in my spare time.
The LSP basic project (WinXPE, WinVistaPE, Win7PE, Win8PE, Win10PE) is also developed by me.
Of course I have in the German forum a small team of 3-4 members who help me with the scripts and tests.
Scripts which are uploaded in the update center come from our team.
Without this team, it would not be possible.

Question 4:

The Project.man (original file) is the project script. In this script, project-specific variables, macros
And settings. This is, so to speak, the original file.
The Project.cfg (Working file) is the file by which the project stores the data when it is created.
There are then stored variables, macros which are added.
By pressing the Start button the Project.man is copied to Project.cfg to get an empty Project.
Then only the Project.cfg continues to work.

hope this help.

Kare
--
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:20:47 AM by CD-RW »