Topic: ClearLock.script error  (Read 1860 times)

ClearLock.script error
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:27:23 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Hello Sir ,

Win8PE SE is a very nice one , I can make it perfect and boot well. But I've 2 problems that needs tutor :

1. I use ClearLock in Win8PESE , when I boot Win8PE and see ClearLock , I can do only 2 things :

A. Either it ask me to key in a new password and confirm password (but in WinBuilder , I already input the password with "abcdef" without quote.

B. Access Denied 3 time after I key in "abcdef" with quote

I've tried to modify the ClearLock.ini in Windows\System32 , and set :

password="abcdef"

Both with and without quote , but all failed with "Access Dennied"

Please , what is the definition of the password , has quote ? small letter ? minimum 6 characters ? or what ?

2. I made the Win8PESE to 64-bit mode. But it doesn't support UEFI boot , what I know is to make it UEFI boot , just add some UEFI boot file in it is OK. But I don't know how.

Please help

Re: ClearLock.script error
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:17:58 AM »

ChrisR

• Moderator, Win7PE SE Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Hi allgames80,

I just tested ClearLock again, it works fine here
So I do not really know why it does not work for you (if you're on a laptop attention to numeric keypad)
I have not seen Homes32 the author for a while, he might have an answer.

With the password "abcdef", you must have ClearLock.ini in Target\Win8PESE\Windows\System32 and in Workbench\Common\ClearLock with:

Code: [Select]
[ClearLock]
Password=6224DCC98B8CA59086A0FF46

For UEFI, do you have the latest updates with Create ISO Version=054 ?
There is a new option, enabled by default to Create the ISO for either a UEFI-based or BIOS-based computer.
I do not have the hardware for testing, so it is tested in VMware (firmware= "efi" in vmx file) and it seems to work correctly for both.

For compatible CD
Oscdimg.exe -h -m -o -j1 -u1 -udfver102 -l"%Volume_Name%" -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"%BiosBootSect%"#pEF,e,b"%EfiBootSect%" "%TargetImage%" "%ISOfileVar%"

:cheers:

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:45:41 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Dear Sir ,

I put the Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04 folder in C: , i.e. C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04 . I execute the Win8PESE82_Builder.exe
In C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04\ISO , there is a WIM folder and Win8PE_x64.iso
I test this Win8PE_x64.iso in VMWare , when boot , it ask me to key in a new password and confirm once. But this is not what I want.
I want to preset a password , if password correct , I can go into Windows desktop.

So I use this way to test the ClearLock with my preset password "abcdef" without quote :

1. I extract the content of C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04\ISO\WIM\sources\boot.wim to C:\Win8PE\mount

Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04\ISO\WIM\sources\boot.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\Win8PE\mount

2. I create a ClearLock.ini in C:\Win8PE\mount\Windows\System32 :
         [ClearLock]
         Password=abcdef

3. Unmount :

Dism /unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\Win8PE\mount /Commit

I put this C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04\ISO\WIM\sources\boot.wim to C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04\ISO\Win8PE_x64.ISO to replace the original one
This time when boot , ClearLock ask me to key in password to let through. I've tried 3 time key in "abcdef" , but all "Access Denied". I'm using a
desktop computer and there's no keyboard probelm of numlock or caps lock.

Sir , very strange. And I don't know how you success with ClearLock !!! I need it very much. Thanks

=============================================================================================
For UEFI ,
quote : "do you have the latest updates with Create ISO Version=054 "
Sir , I don't understand this. Where and How I can get it ? And where should I place this file ? Do you mean Oscdimg.exe ?

quote : "There is a new option, enabled by default to Create the ISO for either a UEFI-based or BIOS-based computer."
Sir , I've show you all the path of my Win8PESE. I want to make this Win8PESE.iso to UEFI boot , so how can I use the new Oscdimg.exe
to make this UEFI Win8PESE.iso . Would you mind to tell me step by step how to do it. Thanks.

Before using the new Oscdimg.exe , do I have to use UltraISO to extract the Win8PESE.iso to some new folder ?

quote : [Oscdimg.exe -h -m -o -j1 -u1 -udfver102 -l"%Volume_Name%" -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"%BiosBootSect%"#pEF,e,b"%EfiBootSect%" "%TargetImage%" "%ISOfileVar%"]
The above is for creating compatible CD , so how about making UEFI CD ? I'm a little stupid :

1. What is "%Volume_Name%" refer to ?
2. What is "%BiosBootSect%" refer to ?
3. What is "%BiosBootSect%" refer to ?
4. What is "%EfiBootSect%" refer to ?
5. What is "%TargetImage%" refer to ?
6. What is "%ISOfileVar%" refer to ?

Suppose if my Win8PESE file is in C:\Win8PE , so how can I adope the above Oscdimg making iso image ?
Thanks very much.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:27 AM »

ChrisR

• Grand Chef
Are you working on the original Win8pese base?

You do not need all these tedious manipulations, the two things are already integrated in w8pese and done for you  :wink:.
Just select your scripts with your desired configuration, your additions and build  :thumbsup:.

If you really need to make manual changes, you can do them directly in the folder "Target".
For registry changes use Regedit script in Utils folder.
Then, to recreate your image (boot.wim) and your ISO, presses on the button "Create new Target Image and ISO", that's all.

#ClearLock
You just need to enter your password (eg: abcdef) in ClearLock plugin and enable "Lock on computer startup" If you want this option.
ClearLock.ini is automatically created by the script with an encrypted password.

ila_rendered

#EFI
For UEFI or BIOS based, it is the same thing, it is done automatically following your settings and the ISO is created with the two boot sectors Bios and Efi.
Therefore the same  ISO, can be used for either a UEFI-based or for a BIOS-based computer.

The Boot Manager (for legaccy BIOS) is specified in Main Configuration (boot sector Standard=etfsboot.com, Grub4Dos=grldr, isolinux.bin,...).
standard efisys.bin or efisys_noprompt.bin for the Uefi Boot Sector (no Grub2 or Refind, or others for now).
The volume label or Iso name are those entered in the "Create ISO" interface.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:31:46 AM by ChrisR »

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 06:48:11 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Dear Sir ,

I've tried to download again the Win8PESE again and redo it , but the ClearLock has the same result
For UEFI , in WinBuilder , I've checked "Make a standard ISO 9660 with oscdimg" , still can't be UEFI boot

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 09:13:41 AM »

ChrisR

• Grand Chef
No idea of what does not work for you for ClearLock.
Strange, the script, program has not changed since April 2012 without any user feedback.

With password abcdef , here is what I have inTarget\Win8PESE\Windows\System32\ClearLock.ini:
Purge Cache with the button of the same name, play the script or rebuild and checks the ini.

[ClearLock]

It works fine here,  I have no more idea to help you  :confused:

#
For UEFI as mentioned above Reply #1, you must have at least version 054, this is not the case.
Please updates, download.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:14:40 AM by ChrisR »

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 12:57:59 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi allgams80,

just to remind,
Win8PE SE downloads are here
http://w8pese.cwcodes.net/
zip package here
http://w8pese.cwcodes.net/Compressed/

I hope you figure out how / why things went wrong there,
 When something went wrong and NOT reproducable ,
  There can be various reasons (new knowledge, different hardware, different source, insufficiently provided information, end user not following by developers (very usual case ;)) , etc..... ) which can only be figured out by the one (on this case "you") who face, and hopefully inform (feedback) how they figure out.   :thumbsup:

Good Luck :great:

:turtle:

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 07:35:55 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Hello Sir ,

I've download again the Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04 again , without any modification , but only add password in ClearLock , then PLAY
In VMWare , again like the above picture , input of password is always Access Denied

For UEFI , I know you have mention before about the version of oscdimg.exe. But I don't know where to download it.
If I can download it, is it I use your suggestion to make UEFI iso file ?

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 12:13:43 PM »

ChrisR

• Grand Chef
It seems that you really need a training on WinBuilder and for my part I have not been clear enough.
You must have at least Create ISO Version 054 mean there is an update on the server.
To download the updates

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

# ClearLock:
On the Interface, the cross is to clear the password entered, it works in Win8PESE80_Builder.exe but not in version 82.
This is the same thing as delete the password manually. it does not serve much and it is not really required.

You still not said what you have in Target\Win8PESE\Windows\System32\ClearLock.ini
I can not reproduce and you are the first with this concern.
You must find by yourself and let us know if you find something.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:25:08 PM by ChrisR »

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Dear Sir ,

I've followed your instruction to download update the WinBuilder. But I encountered the same thing as before.
The first time I complied the WinBuilder , run in VMWare , the ClearLock ask for "choose an unlock password", that means I've to newly create a password. Surely I've type in the password in the ClearLock before I complie it.

i use :
Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04\ISO\WIM\sources\boot.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\Win8PE\mount

In C:\Win8PE\mount\Windows\System32 , I can't find the ClearLock.ini. So I create one myself :

[ClearLock]
Password=abcdef

Dism /unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\Win8PE\mount /Commit

Test again in VMWare , this time ClearLock.exe pop up and ask for a valid password , again with 3 attempts of Access Denied , it hanged up

Sir , in all the process , I did it very carefully. As I said before I need this function very much. But really what I was wrong.
A simple task for normal person is worthless to mention about , but for stupid guy like me arise questions !!! Sorry.

Thanks Sir.

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 10:39:24 PM »

Nobsi

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
Have you realized that zje password is stored in an encrypted format in the Clearlock.ini file?

So as ChrisR stated, to to get "abcdef" as password, the ini file entry is:

[ClearLock]

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 09:20:29 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Dear Sir ,

This time I download again Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04 , in this WinBuilder , I download the updates , check ClearLock with password = abcdef
After PLAY , I run the C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04\ISO\Win8PE_x64.iso and type the password abcdef 3 times also with Access Denied.

I check the C:\Win8PE_SE_2013-04-04\ISO\WIM\sources\boot.wim , in this wim , in \Windows\System32 , there is a ClearLock.ini :

[ClearLock]
Password=D8B54672015A1976231F1AD9

I feel strange that your test of password = abcdef is :

[ClearLock]

It's queer that the password is always changed , yours is different from mine ? Is this the reason why I type password abcdef , and it always say my password is wrong with Access Denied ?

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Dear Sir ,

If ClearLock.exe doesn't work only for me. Nevermine as I've really try a lot.

1. I've another question. I've use Visual Basic 6.0 to write some little program for my own use. They are only 1 exe file each , absolutely portable , but I can't run them in Win8PESE in my DVD. I've check to include "common files" in WinBuilder. After I boot Win8PESE in DVD , I found there's no msvbvm60.dll in \Windows\System32 ? So I add one in there , and another one in my vb6 program exe path. But still they were run with unknow error ?

2. UltraISO 9.5.3.2901 also can't be run , but in Microsoft ADK simple making Win8PE , UltraISO 9.5.3.2901 can be run normally :
    Copype amd64 C:\winpe_amd64 ...............

Is there some files we still need to copy to Win8PESE ? Actually , some program which can be run in Microsoft ADK simple making Win8PE , Win8SEPE can run them , such as :
UltraISO , vb6 programs , Password Renew , AMOK burning ware , Imgburn , Total Free Burner .......
Some of them can't be start , some of them start but can't run normally !

3. In WinBuilder , I haven't check "Run all programs from RAM" , but the result is not like this :
    1. I but my made Win8PESE 756MB that takes 3 minutes to boot to desktop.
    2. After booting into the desktop , I take out my Win8PESE DVD. But all the programs can be run normally and not asked to put in the Win8PESE DVD again
        So it means all the programs has been load to RAM at the 3 minutes booting.

How can I boot it fastly if I can avoid booting from PE RAM DVD ?

Thanks for your tutor.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Dear Sir ,

I forgot to tell you one thing. Before I didn't know that the new update can make UEFI boot , so I use Microsoft ADK to make a simple Win8PE.iso. Then add your WinBuilder made boot.wim to replace the ADK one.
All the above program can be run normally.

So that's why I don't know what's the difference.

Thanks

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 01:16:21 PM »

ChrisR

• Grand Chef
I forgot to tell you one thing.
You forgot to tell us one other thing, your country, Asian  ?
and that you use unicode characters if I'm not mistaken.

I believe that ClearLock (encryption) here does not support Unicode.
I'm not the developer of ClearLock and I have not seen Homes32 for a while.  I am not able do much for you.

#
Here, w8pese with the default config by adding Password Renew, Imgburn, they work without trouble here.

ila_rendered

Can you, enable "Support Log" in Main configuration script and after building the entire project send us the log (log_2013_...Win8PESE_Support.7z)
to get all information that you have not given

if you want to be to be similar to boot.wim from ADK, in Build\1-CopyFiles, you can choose File Copy = Full but it is domage for the size.

I'm in weekend with the family, I would be available from Tuesday

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 06:48:56 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef

1. I've another question. I've use Visual Basic 6.0 to write some little program for my own use. They are only 1 exe file each , absolutely portable , but I can't run them in Win8PESE in my DVD. I've check to include "common files" in WinBuilder. After I boot Win8PESE in DVD , I found there's no msvbvm60.dll in \Windows\System32 ? So I add one in there , and another one in my vb6 program exe path. But still they were run with unknow error ?

If files are not required for PE boot, they don't have to be there ;) ,
 they need to be added by relevant plugin-utility where it requires...
Use following on your plugin

Set,%PluginArch%,x86
Require_FileQ,msvbvm60.dll

+
Use plugin
\Apps\System Tools\Debug\"Sysinternals Process Monitor"
to catch dependencies of your applications :)

2. UltraISO 9.5.3.2901 also can't be run , but in Microsoft ADK simple making Win8PE , UltraISO 9.5.3.2901 can be run normally :
    Copype amd64 C:\winpe_amd64 ...............
We already have UltraISO plugin available
"Gena-Sweets\Apps\CDVD\UltraISO"
Also Imgburn
"Gena\Apps\CDVD\Imgburn"
simply use that ;)

Tip:
First check available plugins distributed here, currently they are all inside "Win7PESE" + "Win8PESE" + "Gena" + "Yomi" which are total some hundereds of plugins, all compatible to all projects,
and can be shareable easly in between by using "Share Scripts" available on all projects...

3. In WinBuilder , I haven't check "Run all programs from RAM" , but the result is not like this :
    1. I but my made Win8PESE 756MB that takes 3 minutes to boot to desktop.
    2. After booting into the desktop , I take out my Win8PESE DVD. But all the programs can be run normally and not asked to put in the Win8PESE DVD again
        So it means all the programs has been load to RAM at the 3 minutes booting.

How can I boot it fastly if I can avoid booting from PE RAM DVD ?

WinBuilder is bad reference, winbuilder does not provide such things, better reference say Win8PESE for options provided by Win8PESE  :wink:

As default, application plugins of Win8PESE do not run from ram, to provide smallest image, to get fastest boot,
you can see info here: http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=452.0
 but if you manually add your programs to ram or use option provided by Win8PESE, than it is your decision to get it larger, hence boot slower, with confort of removing cd :) ...
 you can also boot from usb etc.. to get bootimage smaller , boot faster, but from what I see, I advice you:
  better you first make some practices and learn provided options by Win8PESE ,
   there are already MANY stuff available which only requires end user spend some time to check test and see , (ex: you could discover how "Run all programs from RAM" work like many by yourself, also available plugins....)

than start do things more...
        Shortly, give yourself some time to figure out, take it easy, go and enjoy step by step discovery :turtle:

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 10:08:02 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Dear ChrisR ,

You're totally right , I'm Asian , from Hong Kong. That's why I use Traditional Chinese Win8 for all my work. According to your suggestion :

1. I use Eng Win8 to make Win8PESE , now ClearLock works properly.

2. In the File Copy , I use Mini-Full , all my programs including VB6 programs can be run now.

Really I don't know how to say thanks to you. You can guess and know my problem. You're really smart.

But I found one strange thing happen. In the Create-ISO ... Grub4Dos Password , I type in a password. In VMware , it works to prompt up a password required when I choose to boot Win8PESE.

1. After I burn a DVD and test , NO menu.lst pop up and no password is required. Instead it boot directly to Win8SEPE ?

2. Everytime when I boot this DVD , I've to press F8 key for Asus motherboard menu choice. I choose UEFI DVD boot , it boots. If I don't press F8 key when boot , it hang up with "er." at the left top corner of the scrren.

I guess may be it's because this DVD is UEFI boot only ? So how can I make it UEFI / Bios boot like Microsoft Windows 8 disc ?

Thanks a lot

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Hello Lancelot

I guess you're right , my DVD size is too large that's why it takes a long time to boot.

quote : "check available plugins distributed here, currently they are all inside "Win7PESE" + "Win8PESE" + "Gena" + "Yomi" which are total some hundereds of plugins, all compatible to all projects,"

Sorry , I don't know where to download them. Actually I don't won't too much plugins as my ISO file is already very big. All I want is to know how to add Acronis True Image Home 2012 or 2013 to Win8PESE , as it seems the Acronis have some files which are incompatible with Win8. Hope you can help. hanks

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 11:01:56 PM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
quote : "check available plugins distributed here, currently they are all inside "Win7PESE" + "Win8PESE" + "Gena" + "Yomi" which are total some hundereds of plugins, all compatible to all projects,"

Sorry , I don't know where to download them. Actually I don't won't too much plugins as my ISO file is already very big. All I want is to know how to add Acronis True Image Home 2012 or 2013 to Win8PESE , as it seems the Acronis have some files which are incompatible with Win8. Hope you can help. hanks
advice is made find ready/available plugins that are working, not to use all (it would be insane ;))
You can find them easly on sections/topics and-or via google , there is only 3 projects and 5 plugins servers which should not be hard for someone who creates pe.

acti have not yet take attention around here, it is complicated, to me for someone who is capable of creating PE it is quite useless,
 alternatives works easier (and free) for experienced PE users, like Odin, savepart (plugins available at Yomi)
Maybe you will be The One,
As I adviced before, use
\Apps\System Tools\Debug\"Sysinternals Process Monitor"
for your acti plugin development, and good luck.

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 08:25:35 AM »

allgams80

• Jr. Chef
Hello Sir ,

Thanks for you advice.

Today I found something strange about Win8PESE. My friend has give me a brand new Fujitsu Lifebook LH532 (notebook) to reinstall Win8. He just bought it today , but he didn't like the Factory Win8 install style. That's why he ask me for a flesh Win8 install of mine.

At the beginning , I didn't put a Windows 8 x64 disc to erase all the partition and reinstall. I like to check Win8PESE as this new notebook is UEFI only (no Bios). I tried to boot it with my newly made Win8PESE totally by WinBuilder , it boot , but for a long long time (about 10 minutes) , the screen black out and never go to the desktop.

As I've mention before , my previous made Win8PESE is to use WinBuilder to set up everything , after gaining a boot.wim , I place it in Windows ADK made Win8x64UEFI.iso. This DVD can boot normal and to the desktop. So I can do everything I want.

Let me say the Win8PESE totally made by WinBUilder called Win8PE_A , and the Windows ADK + boot.wim called Win8PE_B. What I'm thinking is the boot.wim in Win8PE_A and Win8PE_B is exactly the same , the only difference is the booting method. Of course I don't know what's the difference.

In my own desktop Asus H77 motherboard , I can do any test of either UEFI or BIOS. But specially in new Win8 notebook , in my experience , some are UEFI only , some are UEFI and Bios. But I guess when later , all the notebook will be all UEFI. That's why we have to find out the better solution for them.

Thanks