Topic: Acronis True Image Home 2012...2014  (Read 53034 times)

Acronis True Image Home 2012...2014
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »

2aCD

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Acronis True Image Home 2012 ... 2014 is a tool for backup and recovery your PC, clone your harddrive and so on.
For working script its needed Acronis True Image Home and PlusPack with Serial Numbers for  2012/2013 and Premiumversion for 2014!

Features:

• backup and recovery harddrives and files
  • clone volumes and harddrives
  • support for x86 and x64 sources
  • the script supports Acronis True Image Home 2012/2013 and Acronis True Image Home Premium 2014
  • vor 2014: install the Acronis True Image 2014 Media Add-on

Requirements:

• networksupport with installed networkdriver is needed
  • its recommended to disable follow checkbox in PE-Network:
    'Force installing of network services even if no networkcard was found'

Confirmed working with:

• Win7PE_SE
  • Win8PE_SE

Script is required in addition the BartPE Folder from installed PlusPack or Premiumversion.
Copy the following folder:

on x86: c:\program files\acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE
on x64: c:\program files (x86)\acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE

to your BuildPC and select this folder inside the script.
Then copy the REG_SZ-Data from following regkey:

on x86: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\acronis\TrueImage
on x64: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\acronis\TrueImage
Value: standard
Value: powerpack (only for 2012/2013)

and put it into the textboxes.
If you install Acronis TrueImage on your BuildPC, you can import the serialnr. with script.
And now you start build.

Download Acronis TrueImage Home 2012...2014 (plugin v10):
* Acronis TrueImage 2014.7z (370.02 kB - downloaded 2800 times.)

Special thanks to Mikka for his preparatory work and find requirements

Edit ChrisR
  I updated  with Acronis True Image Home 2015 64 bit in additition. TrueImage Home 2012...2014 remains available.
  Acronis only supplies 64 bit WinPE files therefore it is only for the x64 build.

Download Acronis TrueImage Home 2012...2015 (plugin v11):
  There is no reason to keep this version.
  Kyhi has improved it, plus support for ATI 2016 Reply #60 and #142 here
  * Acronis TrueImage AIO.7z (370.81 kB - downloaded 616 times.)

Edit Lancelot:
  Check Latest Acronis TrueImage versions on download:

\Downloads\AppYGS\HD Tasks\Acronis True Image Home 2015
\Downloads\AppYGS\HD Tasks\Acronis True Image Home 2016
\Downloads\AppYGS\HD Tasks\Acronis True Image WinPE
\Downloads\AppYGS\HD Tasks\Acronis True Image WinPE 2015-14-13-12

Thanks to KYHI, Prz42

Best Regards and happy testing this version
2aCD
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:21:52 AM by Lancelot »

Re: Acronis True Image Home 2012/2013
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:40:11 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hi 2aCD,

Acronis plugins cause troubles with changing driver versions ( snapman.sys ) with different products (diskdirector, trueimage ... )
company makes latest snapman.sys works for all but plugins overwrites due to their execution times...

we already have solution for this, giving example with snapman.sys

FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\Drivers\snapman.sys","%Target_Sys%\Drivers",NOWARN
-->
Call,FileCopyBiggerVersion,%Source_ProgPath%\Files\Drivers\snapman.sys,%Target_Sys%\Drivers

ps: for x64 extract to temp\subfolder and than FileCopyBiggerVersion ;)

Call,FileCopyBiggerVersion,<File>,<ToFolder>,[File]
syntax info here
http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=45.0

check it out, I am sure you will like  :thumbsup:

See You
:turtle:

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 03:44:27 AM »

2aCD

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
Hi Lancelot,

exact this scenario I have test. True Image have the latest snapman.sys. Disk Director is a little bit older. When I place both scripts in apps then True Image with the new drivers build at last after DiskDirector and overwrite the older drivers.

But you are right, it's a little bit better to check the versions before copy.   :wink:
I'll add this at next time.

thanks and have a nice day
2aCD

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 04:41:23 AM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Yesterday I tested your TrueImage script, I put it in aps\acronis (at that time I didn't have plans to test other scripts). Today I tested your DiskDirector script, put that one in aps\diskdirector. So are you saying in this case the order would be:
"Acronis" script (=TrueImage) is executed before
"DiskDirector"
and in this case there would be a driver version problem? Which problems would that be? I did only quick tests, but things seemed to work OK?

One things I did notice, though: I also use a hp nc6320 notebook for tests, this one only has 512mb of RAM, still it's a wonderful little workhorse, it runs Win8PESE with all my (small) portable apps just fine, even runs 8.1 preview  :lol:
But if I run both TrueImage and DiskDirector scripts (both "Run from Ram", because I like to Grub4Dos-load the ISO), they both fight over the use of precious RAM. From my TCCLE prompt I see that there's around 76mb free. Quite a challenge to keep thing running in there. If I start either one of the Acronis programs, things seem to work just fine, but I'd better not run both at the same time (or even: start and quit them one after another too soon!), because then very strange things happen: the screen turns black, error messages, etc. Looks like there's no "clean" error message in Win8PESE at that time (like "Hey you, don't do all that at once on your ridiculously old PC").

But still: running DiskDirector first, then allowing the RAM to "flush"? (I guess?), then running TrueImage, seems to work OK, so what would be the problem with the driver?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:44:47 AM by Atari800xl »

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 08:26:23 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Atari800xl, for today just use the latest version of product as last plugin (especially to get latest version of .sys ).

after 2aCD make update with Call,FileCopyBiggerVersion to appropriate places, than no need to worry anymore  :thumbsup:

In old days, my trueimage not working with dd enabled due to this trouble....

2aCD, in fact I made this syntax after experiences with acronis  :wink:
 with + experiences "retrieve,fileversion + bigger/smaller" not working, as you know version number is not numerically comparable (unluckly acronises I had used that time made me realize this fact),
  as a result I had first created Call,CompareVersions , than realised it is verrrrry mostly to be used to copy latest version hence
   I had made Call,FileCopyBiggerVersion to ease life for all :wink:

I am sure you will like seeing how smooth it works after some easy tests  :cool:

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 04:48:31 AM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
As you already know, I'm very happy with a2cd's script, and I'm very glad to be able to start TrueImage directly from PE now. I've been looking at the script (still learning...) and I was wondering:

- Is it really necessary to enter all the filenames in HKLM under software\acronis\trueimage\commoncomponents? I tried (on a running Win8PESE) copying the program folder from x:\program files\acronis\trueimage (=ram) to a USB stick y:\trueimage (then renaming the folder on x:\), and noticed I could start the program from there just as well. So I'm really interested in why the files are entered in HKLM.

- Maybe when I have some (holiday) time to kill, I might try my hand at modifying the script a bit, so that only the files snapapi.dll, snapman.sys and fltsrv.sys are copied in the script. All the rest of the files can be read from USB, I guess? Sorry if this maybe seems to be a dumb question to you, but to me it's kind of a "revelation" that all that's really needed for TrueImage to work is to embed only those 3 tiny files into the system (plus the serialnumbers), and all the rest of the files are really "portable software". Am I correct in this way of thinking?

:thumbsup: Thanks again for this wonderful script!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:50:49 AM by Atari800xl »

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 08:03:51 AM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
Well, I'll answer myself, because I already did a quick test.
The answer is YES, only the 3 tiny driver files are required, after that, TrueImage can be run from any source (portable). As I said, I have no experience in WB scripting, but thanks to a2cd's great example, it was easy for me to do some testing/ playing around with it. On a 32bit build, I took out everything from the script, except (1) copying snapapi.dll, snapman.sys and fltsrv.sys, (2) registering the serials, (3) registering the ControlSet001 settings. Then made the Win8PESE build and booted with it. From a mounted ISO with all my favorite (portable) utils I started TrueImage_starter.exe (total size of TrueImage folder is only 38mb). I added a little splashscreen to cover the 5 second wait until the main TI screen appears.

So thanks for listening everybody, this is just a hobby of mine: learning new stuff. You guys taught me a lot about WB scripting, driver loading in PE, the "portable" aspect of TrueImage, and that TI only needs 38mb (instead of the ever growing standard "emergency boot" iso).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:48:03 AM by Atari800xl »

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
OK, so I'll do one more post: Turns out Disk Director is "almost" portable as well. It needs (for 32bit) msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll in system32, and the serial in hklm, that's it. The program folder (about 36mb) is pretty portable, it seems (except maybe for file exploring and system info, but I use XYPlorer and HWInfo for that, anyway). Note: this is *after* I already used the "mini-script" for TrueImage (which installs the latest filter drivers, etc.)

I guess everybody's on holiday already, so sorry for "discussing" my discovery about semi-portable Acronis here all on my own.
Happy holidays! :great:
...but one more time: thanks a2cd for announcing your new script here. If it wasn't for you, I never would have had the confidence to try all this stuff out.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:09:48 PM by Atari800xl »

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 05:23:04 AM »

2aCD

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
Hi everybody,

I have update the script to v8. Now i use filecopybiggerversion (if its available) for copy driverfiles.
Thanks Lancelot for the macro :embarrassed:. So it's prevent to overwrite newer existing drivers.
Have you more then one Acronis-scripts the order now does'nt matter.

@Atari800xl
I have the list of files and the needed reg-entries from the list of Acronis BartPe. I'm not sure for which actions Acronis these reg entries needed. So I think it's better to write this entries to registry.
Nevertheless, thanks for your feedback  :great:

Best regards
2aCD 

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:26:16 AM by 2aCD »

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 05:28:10 AM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
2aCD, I finally got around to testing your new Macrium Reflect script as well. Thanks again!
I made a quick comparison between Macrium and TrueImage, and was wondering if you could tell me if your experience with the two programs is the same. Of course, I will not say TruImage is "flat-out" BETTER than Macrium, because after all, Macrium is free.

For me, Macrium takes about twice as long for the backup, and the filesize is almost twice as big. I didn't change the compression settings on either one of the programs, because from previous tests I believe that would take even longer for Macrium.

Still, I will keep Macrium around, because I like the fact that it's free, and I like having an alternative, if ever TrueImage might fail (which I'm sure it will once, remember Murphy's law...)

Again, thanks so very much for your great work!!! Makes me laugh again that I tried to include a downloaded Macrium exe in your script (when the files were already included/ attached).

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:29:04 AM by Atari800xl »

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »

2aCD

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
Hi Atari800xl
Thanks for the comparison.
I think whoever bought Acronis, will not use MacriumReflect.
But who is looking for a free solution, for him MacriumReflect is the first choice.
 :grin:

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
Well, I think both programs are little "works of art" in their own right (as are your scripts), so I will keep them both around, at least for the time being.
Thanks again, also for putting the Macrium announcement here on TheOven.

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
2aCD, as things are a little quiet here at TheOven, just wanted to thank you again for your great Acronis 2013 script. I've used it quite a lot lately (8.1 tests), and everytime I give a little "air-toast" to you :cheers:
Have you done any work on 2014 yet? If you think there's no interest in it, I'm here to tell you that's certainly not the case. I really don't understand why not "everybody" is using Win8PESE with Acronis on/in it, instead of the bulky bootable ISO's. Using it in PE is so much more flexable, I love it!! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:21:38 PM by Atari800xl »

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 07:39:00 AM »

2aCD

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
Hey, atari800xl,
I understand, I'll see what I can do at next time.
Best regards :great:

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »

Mikka

• Code Baker
  • Chef
  • Date Registered: May 2012
2aCD, I'm using the latest version in Win7PESE x86 successfully.
Trying it with Win8PESE x86 (Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation) Complete (2013-11-30), I noticed an error:

Launching Acronis TIH 2013 (PE) within Win8PESE x86 and choosing "Backup" only my USB stick gets recognized!
The internal drive has been GPT formatted (3 partitions by MS, 3 by notebook manufacturer).
Acronis TIH 2013 (PE) works fine for MBR formatted drives, though.

As I need it on a brand-new notebook system, I added system drivers (not needed for Win7PESE x86, btw), but that didn't help.
There are no errors logged during building process, except for one line:
FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Mount\Win8PESE\Source\InstallWimSrc\Windows\system32\netprof.dll] ...
(System "could not find the file")
but I assume, that's a different problem.

Did you test TIH 2013 with GPT drives as well?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:04:16 PM by Mikka »

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 12:27:28 AM »

2aCD

• Code Baker
  • Jr. Chef
hi Mikka,
this I didn't test. We have no GPT-Volumes here.
I think it miss some systemcomponents for GPT on Win8PESE.
On Win7PESE it works correct with GPT-Volumes?

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 10:14:29 PM »

Mikka

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Hello 2aCD,

thanks, I did further checks. It seems that TIH 2013 (PE) in Win8PESE as in Win7PESE works for MBR drives (verified for 2 systems), and not for a GPT drive.

The GPT formatted system I have to administrate is a new DELL Inspiron 15 with Windows 8x64 pre-installed. That notebook belongs to a family member. I'd like to backup the local SSD (6 partitions, one's the "OS" partition) to a .tib file if feasible prior to re-partition the SSD to perform a Windows 7x64 deployment. (That way the user will be able to restore DELL's factory state at a later date if needed.)

I noticed another detail:
In TIH 2013 (PE) (Win7PESE/Win8PESE) choosing the option to restore separate files, an "OS" entry (GPT Windows 8 partition) appears and I can access the partiton's content. The regular backup option however lacks GPT partitions entirely, only the PE usb drive/partition is displayed.

Symantec Ghost 15 is more assistant-based than TIH 2013, but it finds my "OS" GPT partition, unfortunately I'm not sure if Ghost could write an entire disk as backup archive.
It would be great if you could revise your script to match GPT with Acronis 2013 (if necessary with Plus packet).

If you like I could do some testing, too -- as long as I have a GPT system available.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:16:40 PM by Mikka »

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
Have you guys done any more work on this? As I said earlier in this thread, I really like TIH2013 inside my 7/8PESE.
Now and then I'm checking the net for 2014 PE versions, and I noticed a script on the German LivesystemPro board. At first glance it looks like it's working exactly like 2aCD's 2013 version (extract winpe.zip, copy the files) but now I'm a bit confused: Does the 2014 actually *have* that winpe.zip file anymore? The script mentions a "Plus pack" for 2014, but on the Acronis site I'm reading that there is no Pluspack anymore?
With 2013, I'm only "building" a few driver files into the .wim, all of the other files are run from an iso, so it's working almost as portable software. This is really the perfect solution for me.
But with 2014 literally around the corner (and TIH2014 already out), I'm wondering if this way of doing things can be upgraded to the 2014 version (and preferrably, as Mikka mentioned,  for GPT as well).
For this (potentially) nice solution, I really expected some more reactions, but even on the German forum, there were 0 reactions (or any script details).  :ohmy:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:42:29 PM by Atari800xl »

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »

Mikka

• Code Baker
  • Chef
Hi Atari800xl,

I tinkered with it, it turned out that TIH2014P runs fine with just a slightly modified version of 2aCD's script (TIH2012 & TIH2013).

A few things I found out:
2014P seems to fully support GPT, I was able to backup a GPT disk containing 6 partitions. No problems so far.
There's still the WinPE.zip and there are a few new files, besides that very little has changed.
There's no Plus packet any more, it's True Image Home Standard and Premium now.
And as I checked out the Premium, I don't know if the Standard edition differs...

So long!

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 12:23:19 AM »

Atari800xl

• Code Baker
  • Sr. Chef
Mikka, thank you very much for your answer, really appeciated!
So you are talking about using TI2014 in a PE script, right?
To be clear, let me repeat how I use it:
The only stuff I "bake into" PESE are these files:
fltsrv.sys, msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll, snapapi.dll, snapman.sys (just 1,3mb for x86)
(plus the reg entries, obviously).
All the other files can be run from "anywhere" (in my case, a mounted ISO with all my other portable stuff).
So you're saying this works the same for 2014? Is there a difference between te different 2014 builds? I read something about the 6xxx builds are different from the 5xxx builds (also related to the PE stuff).
Thanks in advance for your reply.