Topic: TL-WR710N - TP Link Wireless Router  (Read 2958 times)

TL-WR710N - TP Link Wireless Router
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
ila_rendered

I love this Pocket baby  :smile:
I was waiting such thing on market about a year  :smile:

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WR710N

Shortly: Ethernet --> Wireless

I bought it to my girlfriend to get her "wireless" at job  :wink: where internet available via ethernet,
As a "very none tech individual" she could get it work in some minutes, so anyone can  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 (my concept of foolproof  :wink:)
  As a result she is very happy to use wireless fast speed with her phone/tablet  :smile:

ps:
 There is another model TL-WR702N
 but
 - it do not have ethernet-out port ( ethernet-->Router-->PC option not available :(:( which can cause trouble on some cases),
 and
 - have a secondary adapter to power on board ( cable mass :(:( , TL-WR710N have build in adapter )
 so I prefered TL-WR710N

Well TL-WR710N has more features (like having a usb slot to broadcast mp3/movie and other built in options, all in detail in its website and easy to follow) and some more potential practical uses, a verrry useful gadget in pocket  :thumbsup:

:turtle:

Re: TL-WR710N - TP Link Wireless Router
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:07:29 AM »

Galapo

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
I've started using a couple of TP-Link wireless modem-routers a couple of months back. I've found them to be very stable and reliable connections.

Regards,
Galapo.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:33:26 AM »

0scar

• Code Baker
  • Chef
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
It is a nice gadget indeed.
I have the model  TL-WR1043ND bloated? with 3 antennas and "300Mbps". Also it has and an USB port for sharing files.
My experience with wifi is that it is good enough for wireless Internet but a pain in the ass for transfering files between computers.

Cheers

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 12:19:03 AM »

Lancelot

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
I have the model  TL-WR1043ND bloated?
I do not think bloated at all  :thumbsup:
TL-WR710N is *portable which perfectly fits +her goals.
TL-WR1043ND is *static, something to buy for big house (thick wall), internetcafe etc.  :thumbsup: or to powerup existing modem wireless power (range + speed)

I am also in dilemma deciding TL-WR710N or TL-WR1043ND to solve +my room wireless trouble (modem too far, walls thick, wireless comes and goes) ..
ps: out of topic, ms virtualrouter is very trouble with android, not working stable ;)

My experience with wifi is that it is good enough for wireless Internet but a pain in the ass for transfering files between computers.
I mostly agree, so far I use ftp wireless transfer a lot in between pc(ethernet)-tablet/phone ,
 since ftp resumes not pain in the ass here but only time consuming when there are a lot megabytes.
  Rarely when I copy big set of mp3 or some movie, I simply start transfer, put mobile device near wireless and leave room  :wink:

Still good/fast enough to transfer low megabyte pdf-pictures-mp3 (sharing with friends ;)), I mostly use to put some office files to tablet  :thumbsup:

A good test might be watching movie by connecting a usb-disk to your 300Mbps-usb-port and try to watch on tv/mobile...

ps: I never tested pc to pc wireless ftp, so I do not know if mobile device ram speed effects overall transfer speed, but I feel it will be still not very good.

:turtle:

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 12:47:43 AM »

Galapo

• Gena Baker
  • Grand Chef
Mine is a TD-W8970. Actually, I have two of them to extend the coverage in the particular usage I require (office located in a different building from the house) and they talk to each other very nicely.

I have a USB HDD attached to the one in the office, with the USB drive power supply connected to a timer so that it only runs for a few hours early in the morning while my laptop backs up to it. File transfer to it has gotten dramatically better after a firmware upgrade.

Regards,
Galapo.